Inline FabricationWidenersLoad DataRepackbox
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Lee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: for thought and meditation

Boolit Master

for thought and meditation

But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us."

—2 Corinthians 4:7

Have you ever tried to get kids to do a job? Maybe you asked them to take out the trash or clean up a mess. But in the process of cleaning, they made a bigger one.

It is so much easier to say, “Never mind. I’ll just do it myself.” Yet why do you have children help you? It’s because you want to teach them responsibility. You want them to be involved in the process. You don’t ask children to help you because you need them. The fact is that you don’t need them. They need you.

When you stop and think about the entire process of evangelism, you may wonder why on earth God chooses to use people to reach people. If I were God, I would roll the heavens away, poke my face through, and say, “Hello, humanity. I am God, and you are not. Believe in me now, or you will die.” (Aren’t you glad that I’m not God?)

Or at the very least, if I were God I would raise up an army of angels to preach the gospel. Wouldn’t that be powerful to have an angel of the Lord come to you and declare the truth of Jesus Christ? But I would never use people. They are flawed. They make mistakes. They fall short. They are inconsistent. Sometimes they contradict what they say by the way they live.

But God in His great wisdom has chosen to use people to reach people. You can hardly find a story in the New Testament where an individual comes to faith apart from the involvement of another person. Yes, it was done through the Holy Spirit. But God worked through a person to bring someone to faith. And today, in the same way, God wants to use us.
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Thank you rl69 , a good lesson and reminder .
    No turning back , No turning back !