Titan ReloadingLoad DataLee PrecisionWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 Repackbox

Thread: Wow!

Boolit Master

Wow!

Went to the range this AM to shoot some 7mm RemMag's, and during a lull, sat & chatted with another shooter. He had loaded some stuff for his 30 M1 carbine, and in chatting, he mentioned that he had also bought some 2400 powder. Wow, says I, Where did you find it? Ace Hardware he said! I could hardly believe it! He told me where, and I stopped by on my way home. Carrumba! a WHOLE AISLE stocked with powder, bullets, cartridges, A WHOLE AISLE! Eight pounds of 231 for $200, for example. I bought a pound of 2400 for $31, a pound of Green Dot for $24 (cause it was on sale), and some 7mm condom bullets on sale.
    They have more stuff then most gun shops!!! Who Knew???
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Moderator Emeritus

Many of our Ace stores look like that,many do not. It depends on the competition of the market.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Moderator Emeritus

Our Ace Hardware (5 blocks from my house) just closed, the owner retired and he couldn't find a buyer

They never had any reloading stuff or ammo, but he sold me a case of Johnson's One Step no-buff (liquid) wax ...as well as all the household hardware stuff I needed over that last 25 years, I'll miss that store. Now I gotta drive to the next town's Ace Hdwe, 35 miles round trip.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master

Ace franchise here has been through a half-dozen owners/locations in the past 20 years 'cause they're not competitive, pricewise, with Do-It-Best or the 'big box' (Lowes, Home Depot, Menards) stores. Even when Ace was a going concern in the early nineties, never carried any sports stuff, shooting/hunting or otherwise.

Bill
    "I'm not often right but I've never been wrong."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"

Boolit Master

Our Ace Harware hardly has hardware ! It's about all guns and accessories. Big Liberty safe dealer also.

My up the street ACE does not, but 32nd & Indian school one does stock bullets, ammo, powder, and primers and some guns
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

When Lowe's came to town, several of the small lumber yards and family owned hardware stores went out of business. The local Ace Hardware Franchise owner must be a stubborn type of guy. The store has grown, expanded the lumber yard, added a few firearms (high prices) and even opened a couple of stores in neighboring towns. They have remained price competitive and seem to be doing well.

Have a blessed day,

Leon

Boolit Buddy
    Echo, you must be talking about the one on Houghton, they had a good stock of everything back when no one else did, the prices reflected that which is understandable, I dropped in recently and their prices were back to reasonable on most items, a co-worker knows the owner and he has said he'd like to have a complete shooting section with everything available just like a gun store.
    "People in Arizona carry guns," said Detective David Ramer, a Chandler police spokesman. You better be careful about who you are picking on...

Boolit Master
    My local Ace store has carried loaded ammo at least since 1985.For a small store,they have a really good selection of hardware,tools,paint,tool accessorys plumbing supplies and ect.Really good employees too.
    Good luck.have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck