Reloading EverythingRepackboxRotoMetals2Wideners
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication Load Data

Thread: Squealing Electronic Earmuffs

Boolit Master

Squealing Electronic Earmuffs

My ancient Peltor earmuffs have started squealing in my ears when I'm wearing them. Haven't had the contents of my skull out for inspection or service so I know it isn't simple feedback between the muffs. Is there any easy way to stop this? My knowledge of electronics is pretty much limited to battery changes and operation of the On-Off/Volume knob.

Strictly speaking, they don't owe me anything, but I hate to toss stuff out if it can be repaired. My parents were Depression-era kids who learned to "make do" and taught us likewise.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bent Ramrod View Post
    My ancient Peltor earmuffs have started squealing in my ears when I'm wearing them. Haven't had the contents of my skull out for inspection or service so I know it isn't simple feedback between the muffs. Is there any easy way to stop this? My knowledge of electronics is pretty much limited to battery changes and operation of the On-Off/Volume knob.

Strictly speaking, they don't owe me anything, but I hate to toss stuff out if it can be repaired. My parents were Depression-era kids who learned to "make do" and taught us likewise.
    It may be simple feedback between the two ear pieces, try covering the mike on one to see if it stops. Mine squeal when my cell phone is too close, so I keep it away while I wear them.
    "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
    ~Pericles~

Boolit Master

One way is to change batteries, sometimes when the voltage drops, they squeal
    Mike
    Last edited by skeettx; 09-17-2017 at 02:45 PM.
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Boolit Master
    Thanks, guys. Tried covering each mike, then both of them. The squealing continued. Changed the battery and the squealing stopped.

Boolit Master

I had some electronic earmuffs one time. Using a certain type of battery they squeal. Changing to another brand they did not squeal. Another guy I hunt with had the same problem/solution.
    At one with the gun.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bent Ramrod View Post
    Thanks, guys. Tried covering each mike, then both of them. The squealing continued. Changed the battery and the squealing stopped.
    Well that's good, mine started squealing after I dropped them and then stopped after I 'dropped' them again.
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years (Abe Lincoln)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington