Load DataRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionTitan Reloading
WidenersReloading EverythingRepackboxInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: The SHARE act is going to a vote in the house!

Boolit Master

The SHARE act is going to a vote in the house!

The SHARE act (Sportsmen's Heritage and Recreational Enhancement Act or the SHARE Act) has made it out of committee and is now going for a vote in the house. After that it goes to the Senate and then, if that passes, for Trump to sign.

Odds are it won't make it will make it through the House but not the Senate...but at least there's a chance.

The SHARE act would, among other things, remove silencers from the NFA and make them over the counter sales.

This is a huge step forward....write your Senators and Congressman.
    [

Boolit Master

To me it seems the KISS of Death to the silencer act

Banned

is anything else going in?
    if there is a bill to raise the spending limit this could get tagged on the back and go through.

That is kinda what happened with the HPA. It and a few others got consolidated into the SHARE act.
    On every question of construction let us carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text or invented against it, conform to the probable one in which it was passed.

Thomas Jefferson, letter to William Johnson, June 12, 1823

Boolit Master

It'll never happen.

Boolit Master
    Oh yee of little faith. The SHARE act has all kinds of good things in it regarding public shooting ranges, hunting, etc. Removing the silencer from the NFA and making it a class one is just a very small part of it. A similar bill passed the Senate last year but without the silencer part...it croaked on its way to the house.

I think the fact that the bill passed the Senate was what prompted resurrecting it and adding it the silencer provision. The people doing this are kind of slick. They're saying pass this or we'll go for the SHUSH act which classifies silencers the same as a table lamp or hub cap, with no background check at all. At least the SHARE act requires them to run a background check, like a firearm.
    [

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    It passed the House, now off to the Senate.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Vendor Sponsor

It should pass the senate without issue as they passed similar bill last year ..
    I am holding out hope .. that Class 3 license (SOT) would go in the dumper for me at that point
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    It passed the House, now off to the Senate.
    No it didn't...that was the 2016 Bill HR 2406. The new one is Bill HR 3668. It'll likely get through the house but the Senate is a different story. A similar bill did pass the Senate last year but it didn't have the piece to remove silencers from the NFA like this one does.
    [