Lee PrecisionInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Load Data Wideners

Thread: Comforting bible verses?

Boolit Master

Comforting bible verses?

What verse or verses do you find comfort in? I've always liked Psalm 23:4. It tells me that no matter what obstacles you face, no matter how dark the day is, God will always be with you. You are never alone.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil;
    For You are with me;
    Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

Boolit Master

Romans 8:28 And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose for them. NLT

Boolit Master
    John 3: 16-17

16. For God loved the world, that He gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

And the next verse finishes the thought beautifully but perhaps is somewhat overlooked:

17. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Boolit Master
    Rom 12:19
    Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

This frees me to forgive!

Boolit Master
    Flesh of my flesh bone of my bone
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    2 Corinthians 1;3-5

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also abounds through Christ.
    No turning back , No turning back !

Matthew 6:9-13King James Version (KJV)

9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. 10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
    11 Give us this day our daily bread.
    12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
    13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

This is the rock, the foundation. This and the 23 Psalm, and the Apostles Creed.

Those 3 encapsulate everything I need. The Apostles creed states simply what I believe. 23 Psalm reminds me why I believe. Reminds me to trust in him. And the Lords prayer gets me through trials and tribulations. And arguments with my wife.

I believe in God, the Father almighty,
    creator of heaven and earth.

I believe in Jesus Christ, God's only Son, our Lord,
    who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
    born of the Virgin Mary,
    suffered under Pontius Pilate,
    was crucified, died, and was buried;
    he descended to the dead.
    On the third day he rose again;
    he ascended into heaven,
    he is seated at the right hand of the Father,
    and he will come to judge the living and the dead.

I believe in the Holy Spirit,
    the holy catholic Church,
    the communion of saints,
    the forgiveness of sins,
    the resurrection of the body,
    and the life everlasting. Amen.

When we start fighting now I turn away and start saying it in my head. By the time I am done his peace like a river is flowing through me once more. I can turn to her, and honestly tell her I am sorry. I should not have said that. I should not have tried to tell you what to do.

This one simple thing, simply defuses all of those arguments and fights.
    My wife and I are both intelligent, stubborn, strong willed people. And we have fought long and bitterly for years. For the last year we have hardly had cross words at all.

I still screw up once in a while. Not often.

Reminding me to love like Jesus loved, forgive like he forgave, understand the pain causing the words in the other person. And forgiving them. Not adding too them, not pouring gas on the fire. You can't fight anger and fire with fire. You have to use love.

You have to calm it down, remove the fuel. Take away the pain. Then love can heal the hurt.

Works for me, YMMV.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by USMC87 View Post
    Romans 8:28 And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose for them. NLT
    This is mine as well.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boy Ghost, I can't tell you how many years it took me to realize the power of the "Lord's Prayer". I can tell you that just today I've had to pray multiple times, just to give me the patience, reflection, and perspective that allows God's plan to unfold.
    My children tell me how much they admire my patience. It's certainly not me, but the Grace and Mercy that is gained by God.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by USMC87 View Post
    You beat me to it, Brother! Romans 8:28 is by far my most claimed promise. I claimed that promise many, many times when I was in the Corps and numerous times since. Semper Fi, Treetop
    "Treetop"
    Sgt. USMC
    1968-71

"Accuracy has a suppressive power all by itself."
    Lt. Gen. George Flynn, USMC

“The Second Amendment was not written to protect your right to shoot deer.
    It was written to protect your right to shoot tyrants…”
    Judge Andrew Napolitano

Pine Baron I am just starting to tap into that awesome stream of grace and patience.

Sticking my toe in so to speak. Well maybe up to the ankle. Still it works so well that I felt I needed to "pass it on". Give others a heads up.

When in doubt, when troubled, when about to jump into an argument simply turn away, say the Lords prayer, ask for peace like a river and patience of Job to help keep you on HIS path. Then turn back and use the LORDS love to defuse, heal, remove and release pain, anger, frustration.

He WANTS us to HEAL, to fix, to tend his flock. We can do it. You just have to want to, and be willing to be the conduit.

Boolit Master

The last verse of Isaiah 59: My Spirit which I have put upon you and My words which I have put in your mouth, shall not depart from your mouth, nor the mouth of your descendants, nor the mouth of your descendants' descendants says the Lord, from this time and forevermore.
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill