Load DataWidenersRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision RotoMetals2

Thread: Plate Plinker Sent Me a Pay It Forward Glock Mag

Boolit Master

Plate Plinker Sent Me a Pay It Forward Glock Mag

I just thought I would let everyone on this forum know I received a Gen 1 Glock mag in the mail this afternoon.

I picked up a gen 1 Glock about two months ago. It only came with one mag, so I put a "wanted to buy" post up in Swappin. Plate Plinker said he might have one. We conversed via PM for a week or so, and he said that as soon as he got a Glock 19, he would give me a high cap Gen 1 mag (they sell for 80-100 dollars) for two new Glock mags. I was happier than a Peacock.

Well.......a few weeks passed (I was in no rush) and I got an email saying he got a Glock. In the meantime, I found a good deal on a mag. at a local fun show, and I let him know that I had found the mag I wanted. He wished me well. I told him thank you, and I forgot about the conversations as the days flew by.

I got home today with a package in the mail. I opened it up, and I was looking at a gen 1 mag with a note that simply said "enjoy this mag". I know you all understand my thoughts and feelings about receiving a gift from a perfect stranger.

I am still blown away some 4 hours later. If you happen to chat with plate plinker in the next day or so, I sure would appreciate iif you all let him know you heard this story. I have not contacted him yet to say thanks--wanted to tell you all this first. I have a few things I want to offer him as a token of my appreciation. Whether he accepts is another story. However, I will return this random act of kindness to another feller or gal.

My hat is off and I do not have enough gratitude to give. I have met many fine folks on here. Thank you to all the kind hearted souls who measure life in deeds given rather than received.

Respectfully,
    Casey B

Boolit Buddy

The folks on this board are second to none. Absolutely the best.

Banned

many 'outsiders' would be surprised at how much of this stuff goes on here.

George swung by and dropped off a rebuild kit for a Lyman 4 cavity mold I had been fighting with for a little while.
    it would have had to wait for quite some time to get repaired if that hadn't of happened.

good people in need seem to find little things they have a use for appearing from time to time
    I have heard of Dillon presses, mec shot shell presses, and star sizers appearing in a few places where they were appreciated.

Boolit Master
    I too have been gifted unexpected things more than once here. So I've tried to repay the kindness a few times. If it weren't for castboolits I would have a much lower outlook on humanity.
    I was a dog on a short chain.
    Now there's no chain.
    Jim Harrison