Reloading EverythingLoad DataTitan ReloadingWideners
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2

Thread: Swift scopes

Boolit Master

Swift scopes

Model 665M

Just picked one up for $25. Anyone know about these? Had never heard of them myself.
    Pro Patria-Ne Desit Virtus

Boolit Buddy
    I've had 2 for about 3 years.I believe they are the Reliant model. Nice clear glass and good light transmission. Used at dusk view through the scope is brighter than with your eyes. No problems whatsoever and have used them pretty hard. Think they were on sale for $105 in the 3X9. I would buy again if they were on sale again. Pretty close in clearness and focusing as my Nikon Buckmaster 1 better than the new Buckmaster 2 which I don't care for.

Banned
    Worth what they cost. Will never be confused with a S&B.

Boolit Master

Swift is known for other optic products like telescopes. I read several years ago they were one of the better buys in rifle scopes.

Super Moderator

They are decent scopes for the money. I have a Swift 4X pistol scope(SR661M) on a 14" 44Mag Contender, 1000's of cast boolits downrange with it with nary a problem. For 25 bucks...you got a steal.

In Remembrance - Super Moderator & Official Cast Boolits Sketch Artist

I have a few swift scopes first one fogged up on me carried it back to the gun shop they gave me another one on the spot. Several years later I got another swift that was on a rifle my son picked up and the scope would not zero. I contacted swift paid shipping to them and around a week I got a brand new scope in the mail. Lady on the phone told me it was it was not abused they would take care of it. I have several brands of scopes and optics I just try to get the most for my money and 25 bucks was a good day for you Sir.
    Reloading to save money I am sure the saving is going to start soon

I have several Swift scopes and they have performed well. The only problem I ever had was with a little 2x20 that sat atop a Ruger SBH for years and was tortured to death by a steady diet of max loads of 2400 and 250gr boolits. I exchanged it for a new scope with no questions asked.

RP, do you prefer Bill's or Parkers?

Banned
    swift used to have an over the counter warranty. swift has been bought and sold and bought and sold and bought...i don't know how many times. now they offer a cheap scope that is warrantied about five years(reliant) and a lifetime warranty scope(premier). i used to buy a swift scope because of their over the counter warranty. but i'll take a cheap leupold any day.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    I have a 665M on my 1967 Marlin Glenfield 30 and it works great. This scope has consistently held zero and never fogged up through ten years of going up and down trees and Kentucky temperature swings. The glass is surprisingly clear too. That said, this is a rather bulky old tech scope much like the old B&L Bushnells and I am saving for a Leupold VX-3 for this rifle.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master
    I had a .270 with a Swift on it. it was a good clear glass. I bought the gun used at a pawn shop, it was well worn, but still held its zero.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    $25.00 is a steal for the 665M. The only scope I can think of that is really competitive with it would be a Leupold VX-1 1-4x20.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.