Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2WidenersLoad Data
Lee PrecisionRepackboxReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Judgement

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar

Judgement

On the day of judgement and your testimony is given what do you not want your Lord to say to you ?
    No turning back , No turning back !

Banned

What I want is immaterial. God is just. We will all give an account. It matters not what I want. What will go down will be hard-core reality, just and righteous.
    But just to play along, "John, you are the most upright man that ever lived."
    That is what I want, as a child wants. What I get, will be real, as real as it ever gets.

Boolit Master

"I never knew you".
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

"Well looky here claude, your name is in the Lamb's Book of Life", that would be fine with me......

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by frkelly74 View Post
    "I never knew you".
    Since the original question was phrased as "what do you not want your Lord to say to you" this response makes the most sense so far.

The New Testament provides two possible answers:

1. I never knew you.

OR

2. Well done.

Of course it seems these are two broad categories of what the Lord will actually say. I expect to be provided some excellent, honest feedback on my life and where we'll go from there. This might take awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Ickisrulz View Post
    Since the original question was phrased as "what do you not want your Lord to say to you" this response makes the most sense so far.

The New Testament provides two possible answers:

1. I never knew you.

OR

2. Well done.

Of course it seems these are two broad categories of what the Lord will actually say. I expect to be provided some excellent, honest feedback on my life and where we'll go from there. This might take awhile.
    The verse ?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by frkelly74 View Post
    "I never knew you".
    That would be the opposite of what I want to hear.
    Unless you are trolling, that would be a worst case scenario

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Boaz View Post
    The verse ?
    Matthew 25:23
    Matthew 7:23, 25:26

Well John 5:24 tells us that if we believe in God's word and in him who He sent, we do not come under judgment, but have already passed from death to life.

So I am going to skip judgment day and just go through the door that says "enter". God will get around to me in His own time.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Char-Gar View Post
    Well John 5:24 tells us that if we believe in God's word and in him who He sent, we do not come under judgment, but have already passed from death to life.

So I am going to skip judgment day and just go through the door that says "enter". God will get around to me in His own time.
    This was my original answer. I didn't post it for fear that I'd be seen as arguing theology again in the chapel.

Quote Originally Posted by Ickisrulz View Post
    Matthew 25:23
    Matthew 7:23, 25:26
    Matthew 7;21-23 , would have been my choice .

Matthew 25;23 will not work here but perhaps on another thread ?

21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

Boolit Master

Matthew 7;21-23 , would have been my choice .

Matthew 25;23 will not work here but perhaps on another thread ?

21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’
    My idea behind quoting the parables is that people will either have done well or have not done well. They will either be saved or lost. The parables show the divide between true followers of Christ and others.

Char-gar hit the theological nail on the head with his answer. Christians are not judged as far as answering for their sins on Earth. However, the acts Christians have done on Earth will be evaluated to determine their value and what reward should be issued.

So for me, I'd rather not hear, "I never knew you" or "Depart from me." I'd like to hear, "Welcome and well done." But, theologically speaking the "welcome" and the "well done" will come at different times and for different reasons.

Banned

"Char-gar hit the theological nail on the head with his answer."

No, he missed it entirely. Normally I find Ickisrulz to have the most coherent and accurate take, but here, assuming it is his opinion, we will have to disagree. No big deal.
    This is the acid test we, who are saved, will be subjected to

Romans 14:10–12

10 Why do you pass judgment on your brother? Or you, why do you despise your brother? For we will all stand before the judgment seat of God; 11 for it is written,
    “As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bow to me,
    and every tongue shall confess to God.”
    12 So then each of us will give an account of himself to God.

The single most explicit biblical text on the judgment that awaits every Christian is found in 2 Corinthians 5:9-10. There Paul writes this: “So whether we are at home or away, we make it our aim to please him. For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive what is due for what he has done in the body, whether good or evil.”

As I have mentioned over and over, your soul, aka mind/ego, will be purfied with fire. So, in my opinion only acts of love will survive the fire,

“If the work that anyone has built on the foundation survives, he will receive a reward. If anyone’s work is burned up, he will suffer loss, though he himself will be saved, but only as through fire.” The “reward” is not defined and the likelihood is that the “loss” suffered is the “reward” that he or she would otherwise have received had they obeyed.

Not sure how some reach their conclusion on this, but may God bless you all richly.
    Last edited by jmort; 09-13-2017 at 07:11 PM.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by jmort View Post
    "Char-gar hit the theological nail on the head with his answer."

No, he missed it entirely. Normally I find Ickisrulz to have the most coherent and accurate take, but here, assuming it is his opinion, we will have to disagree. No big deal.
    This is the acid test we, who are saved, will be subjected to

Romans 14:10–12

10 Why do you pass judgment on your brother? Or you, why do you despise your brother? For we will all stand before the judgment seat of God; 11 for it is written,
    “As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bow to me,
    and every tongue shall confess to God.”
    12 So then each of us will give an account of himself to God.

The single most explicit biblical text on the judgment that awaits every Christian is found in 2 Corinthians 5:9-10. There Paul writes this: “So whether we are at home or away, we make it our aim to please him. For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive what is due for what he has done in the body, whether good or evil.”

As I have mentioned over and over, your soul, aka mind/ego, will be purfied with fire. So, in my opinion only acts of love will survive the fire,

“If the work that anyone has built on the foundation survives, he will receive a reward. If anyone’s work is burned up, he will suffer loss, though he himself will be saved, but only as through fire.” The “reward” is not defined and the likelihood is that the “loss” suffered is the “reward” that he or she would otherwise have received had they obeyed.

Not sure how some reach their conclusion on this, but may God bless you all richly.
    My choice of words were poor when I wrote "Christians are not judged as far as answering for their sins on Earth." I should have wrote: Christians are not judged as far as suffering penalties for their sins on Earth.

I cannot disagree with anything you concluded. The possible logistics of the whole matter leaves me wondering though.

The question was ;

On the day of judgement and your testimony is given what do you not want your Lord to say to you ?

I asked for no theological answer .

My reply was in keeping with the question . This is not a theology thread .....there is a sticky above if anyone wants to go 'argue' theology .

Banned

Sorry
    I thought the thread was good and useful
    I apologize for my posts.

No need to apologize , folks may think different . I started to add more verse but tried to keep the basic message . In the end we will all decide for our self . You know I love you brother .

The question was ;

I asked for no theological answer .

My reply was in keeping with the question . This is not a theology thread .....there is a sticky above if anyone wants to go 'argue' theology .
    Oh come now. You asked for Biblical references (verses) and then say you asked for no theological answer. If an answer with a verse to back it up is not theology, then just what is theology? You boys are playing by rules, I do not understand.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Char Gar the opening question asks for personal thought not theological opinion . This thread is just a simple way to share with one another . To request verse or give verse would not constitute a theological discussion . Just a friendly conversational way to express and receive ideas or thoughts .

Boolit Master
    Just as long as everyone's theology is the same, it's not theology. The chapel is sort of like a class where the teacher teaches and no questions are allowed! I for one, gain greatly from these "theological" discussions. It gives me views from different angles I may have never contemplated otherwise. I don't have to agree with anything anyone says to love them just the same.

I don't want to hear? ? When I was naked, you didn't give me cloths! When I was hungry, you didn't share your abundant food with me! You didn't comfort me when I was afraid or visit me when I was suffering! You didn't bring me in out of the weather when I was wet and cold! You didn't, you didn't, you didn't, you didn't!!!!! What will my excuse be? I didn't see you? I thought I was only susposed to help "true Christians"? I didn't think they where deserving of my help? I didn't, I didn't, I didn't!!!! I've said it before, I have to show it, not just say it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast