RepackboxTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyWideners
Reloading Everything Inline Fabrication

Thread: first back straps on the grill for the year

Banned

first back straps on the grill for the year

sure were good. I had back straps and the wife had the inside loins. Some left over lasagna on the side. Meal fit for a king!

Vendor Sponsor

After tonsil cancer I can't hardly eat venison or any lean meat like white meat chicken or a pork chop, I have to have fatty soft meat or tender leaner meat, I started cooking some backstraps in the crock pot once, they were frozen when I dropped them in, and for whatever reason I took one out and cut it, it was just red inside, PERFECTLY cooked to medium rare, and man, I could eat that like nobody's business! It was tender, and flavorful, and after the rest of the meal cooked, I couldn't get it down so easily.

Guess I have to investigate some sous vide for cooking venison?

Good on you Lloyd, always loved fresh backstraps!
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Moderator Emeritus

No deer hunting for me this year, to much going on with the water and sewer construction in town(I had to be home all day as they worked on water line...), my construction project(brew shed/outdoor kitchen), and fighting my sinuses the worst I have ever had them(chronic sinus issues).

Banned

ya mary I'm glad there was a couple deer shot doing crop damage shooting because I think my regular season is a wash too. Between probably having another surgery this month and the **** going on with my daughters OD I just cant get my mind and body into hunting this year. I missed two years when I was in the service but other then that have hunted every deer season since I was 11 years old. It will be different getting up opening day and any other year id be about heart broke over missing it but it just doesn't seem the same this year.