Load DataRepackboxInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionWidenersSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading

Thread: Used RCBS Lubamatic Alignment

Boolit Buddy

Used RCBS Lubamatic Alignment

I picked up a used RCBS Lubamatic a couple of years ago with a Midway Heater and a couple of RCBS dies. Been using PC on my bullets , but, would like to try this lubri-sizer. When sizing PC bullets in it with no lube, the Ejector Rod only makes contact with about 50% or less on the ejection plate, the rest of the rod is hanging off? Is there a way to adjust this? It operates smoothly and the rod doesn't seem to be bent.

Also would like to start with fresh o rings, is the lowe base plug just pressed in and has to be tapped out?
    Have tried RCBS but seem to be getting them at busy times and haven't got the return calls yet.
    Last edited by 2011redrider; 09-12-2017 at 03:20 PM.

Boolit Master
    I assume you're referring to the threaded rod when you mention the lower base plug?There is no seal on it as far as I know.I wouldn't remove it unless
    it's damaged.It is just pressed in.There are only the two seals on the lube plunger what may or may not need replacing.If lube isn't leaking to the top of the lube plunger they're good.
    As far as the alinement of the ejector rod and the ejector plate the long rods in the linkage could be bent?It will probably work fine the way it is.

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks for the info, it is leaking from the bottom base plug center hole where the threaded rod goes thru and some on the outside edge of the plug. The diagram shows a fiber washer(#27)and a lube plunger spacer (#28) that mine does not have. The washer may help with the leaking at the threaded rod.

RCBS called back and is sending the two linkage arms and the two missing parts along with some new o rings for the top plunger.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 2011redrider; 09-12-2017 at 06:39 PM.

Boolit Master
    Mine does not have those parts either. I bought it new in 1976.
    There is nothing that prevents the leaking out the bottom. The pressure screw has to be able to turn and the pressure screw head on the bottom end of the screw has NO O ring or gasket. The only seal it gets is pressure of the screw head upward against the plug.
    1. Minimizing pressure on the lube reduces the leaking out the bottom.
    2. Installing a thick gasket under the entire base works. One of the other posters here did that years ago. He cut a piece of rubber to fit the entire base. It looked like a piece of inner tube.

The long links of the RCBS Lubamatic are relatively precision parts compared to the profile of the casting. The casting surfaces may not do a very good job of aligning the links. Try adjusting the nuts to reposition the links. If nothing else use as is. If you cannot live with them being a little crooked you will have to bend the links. That may turn out even more ugly if you cannot do precision bending.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011redrider View Post
    Thanks for the info, it is leaking from the bottom base plug center hole where the threaded rod goes thru and some on the outside edge of the plug. The diagram shows a fiber washer(#27)and a lube plunger spacer (#28) that mine does not have. The washer may help with the leaking at the threaded rod.

RCBS called back and is sending the two linkage arms and the two missing parts along with some new o rings for the top plunger.
    Last edited by EDG; 09-13-2017 at 11:42 PM.
    EDG