Titan ReloadingInline FabricationReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionWidenersSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Repackbox RotoMetals2

Thread: SCORE! Lino!

Boolit Master

SCORE! Lino!

Went to an OGCA show on saturday. Scored 52 pounds of linotype! That's the first I've seen at a show in years. Had 5 other people try to buy it while the guy was weighing it for me. $1.50/# One of the guys tried to buy it from me for more than I paid. No sale! Best show I've been to for a long time. Also, a SxS .410 also followed me home!

Boolit Master
    Nice!!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

Great score! About 18 years ago I found a similar score. There were 7 pigs of virgin lino at $10. ea. My hand couldn't get the money out fast enough.
    With inflation, your deal is probably even better, and lino is now much harder to find.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Master

There was a guy that came to the Medina shows years ago and I bought all the Lino he would bring. Don't remember the price but you got a good deal there.
    God Bless America
    US Army, NRA Patron, TSRA Life
    SASS, Ruger & Marlin accumulator

My last good score on lino was a local guy selling 100# at $1 per #. I bought it all, in type form of course.
    EVERY GOOD SHOOTER NEEDS TO BE A HANDLOADER.
    NRA Cert. Inst. Met. Reloading & Basic Pistol

I am lucky, still an old print shop in my small town. I can buy all I want at $1.50 a pound, plus they give me some for hauling away their newsprint for recycling. I have about 200# stashed away. hc18flyer

Boolit Grand Master

Thats a good score. I bought 200# as part of another deal early this year. I think I paid more than you did. Its getting harder to find.

I think I'm down to around 350-400 pounds.....
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
    Proverbs 1:7

Boolit Master

I'm hoping the guy brings more to the next show. I help another vendor so I can get at it before the crowd sees it!

Boolit Buddy
    I have been very fortunate as far as linotype is concerned. I have been in the printing business most of my life as well as my dad being in the newspaper business. He used to bring me 30# slabs as well as what I have scrounged from my shop, friends and fellow printers. I never spent a dime for lead. It has taken a number of years to finally get all of it melted down into 1# ingots. Best I can count I have left about 650#. More than I can use in the rest of my life. My son will get what I have left. It was a job busting it up to fit in my pro melt. I used to stop by on occasion at truck tire shops and pick up their wheel weights. Now, I just mold up straight lino. I have used my lead to mold up scuba belt weights, fishing and decoy weights not to mentions thousands of bullets. /Chris

Quote Originally Posted by jimb16 View Post
    Went to an OGCA show on saturday. Scored 52 pounds of linotype! That's the first I've seen at a show in years. Had 5 other people try to buy it while the guy was weighing it for me. $1.50/# One of the guys tried to buy it from me for more than I paid. No sale! Best show I've been to for a long time. Also, a SxS .410 also followed me home!
    I'v got about 25-30 pounds that I traded for a couple of lifetimes ago when I was in better shape and casting a lot. I guess I need to start looking for some kind of lead. Overall in the lead department, I think I have 60 to 75 pounds without the linotype.
    Be careful,
    Victor

Life member NRA