Load DataReloading EverythingInline FabricationLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxWidenersTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I find my self looking at Rem 513 T's a lot

Boolit Master

I find my self looking at Rem 513 T's a lot

I have been looking at Rem 513 T's a lot. I like the commercial models with redfield sights.

Im not a 22 rim fire guy. As i get older the value of not having to load all my ammo is appealing.

I may shoot a match if avalible. Im looking at very nice condition guns. Is there anything else I should consider?

Moderator Emeritus
    I really like the 513T! Very pretty rifle and very accurate.

Boolit Buddy
    Remington 540 is another excellent target-quality rimfire. Highly recommended.
    Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory ... lasts forever.
    Retired USN
    NRA Life

Boolit Buddy

If you came find a nice Remington 513, buy it. I have 510's, 511, 512 & 514 and other old Remington's and they all shoot good. I've been looking for a 513 or full size 521 for awhile without success. Needless to say I like old Remington's.

wcp4570

Boolit Buddy
    I had one, with a 20x Ray Litschert Scope, it was bar none the most accurate .22 I have ever owned. Unfortunately it was stolen from my truck in 1976 in Susanville California. The trigger had been worked on and would go off if you hit the side of the gun a rap with your hand (with the safety engaged).

Banned

FYI, prsman has one for sale in S&S right now.

Boolit Master
    Im still looking. I cand find nice guns butthey are bringing a premium. The 513 t is on my short list buy may not be my next gun.

Is 650-700 about right for a 95% or better commercial gun?

Boolit Bub
    I have a 513-t matchmaster commercial grade with the redfields rear sights and the globe fronts. I also have a set of scope mounts for the rifle. I have thought of selling it because I never shoot it anymore. It is in very good condition. Oh I also live in tupelo,Ms

Boolit Master

They are very nice. Very accurate. But they are not magical. There are many modern choices just as accurate for less money.
    First reload: .22 Hornet. 1956.
    More at: http://reloadingtips.com/

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the
    government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    - Henry Ford

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by williamwaco View Post
    They are very nice. Very accurate. But they are not magical. There are many modern choices just as accurate for less money.
    I agree completely. I think the style and build quality on the old guns were more important . I believe the 513 would be out shot by several modern 22.

When you add in the cost of a set of redfield sights it would be hard to find a new built gun in the price range.

Im high bidder on a 513t on gunbroker right now. Im at 650 and that is tops for me.

There may be new guns that are as good as 513T for accuracy, I don't know about better. I have
    had several of them, all nice condition and we're all tack drivers. The last one I had was scoped
    with a 6x Fecker scope, external adjs. Had Swiss butt, palm rest and target sling. I have had M52
    Wins and several other older target rifles. The 513t will hold its own against any of them. The only
    thing you have to watch when buying any of these target guns is to make sure you don't get one
    that has been worn out by a avid shooter. Most of them owned by individuals have not been shot
    enough to show wear. Organizations like Boy Scouts & 4H bought these for their marksmanship
    Programs and have seen some long use.

I have a Rem RB that started life as a 25rf/ oct barrel. In 60s I rebarreled it with a new 513T
    barrel. It has a reciever sight and aperature front. It is still the terror of local turkey shoots-
    shot at 100', it takes all comers. Attachment 200205

Boolit Master
    Alright guys I bought one. Great condition probably 95% or better.
    680 to my gun shop. Thats a lot for a 22 but I wanted one
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pix061138732.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	21.9 KB 
ID:	200209

Boolit Master
    That 22 looks a lot like my 1903 7-08 match gun
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0715171400.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	40.5 KB 
ID:	200210
    Maybe this will get me practicing with it a little.

Boolit Master

With guns of this vintage, much will come down to what's in front of you. Assuming you're looking for a smallbore gun with sights as opposed to optics:

The 510 series is nice. I learned on one - wouldn't want to be without one. Makes a pretty good "club" rifle. Good enough to learn what you're doing right or wrong, if not a true player in the game.

The Winchester 69A (skinny) / 75 (heavy) are better finished guns of that same general not-quite-top-end build level. Nice trigger on those.

The Mossberg 44 / 144 series guns are good shooters, reasonably priced.

The Savage / Anschutz Model 64's are SERIOUS .22's that can be had for pretty reasonable dough. A good way to break into the game with minimal outlay.

BSA International Martinis, Winchester 52's and Remington 40X will occupy the next rung up in the $1000-ish range. Anschutz 1903's are the new option in that general ballpark. Going up from there are the serious smallbore guns for the serious competitors. Doesn't sound like you're there yet.
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.

Boolit Master

Amazed nobody has mentioned the model 34 target. the 2 I had were equal IMHO to the win 52's

Boolit Master
    I would look hard at CZ 455 or 452. 455 has the ability tp switch between 22lr, 22wmr, and 17hmr. Cold hammer forged hand lapped barrels from tbe factory. A Savage B22 FVSR is another choice. Heavy threaded barrel, adjustable accutrigger, and rotary mags. Both are one hplers at 25 to 50 yards in my experience with CCI SV and RWS Target.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer in NH View Post
    Amazed nobody has mentioned the model 34 target. the 2 I had were equal IMHO to the win 52's
    I looked at a 34 at Cabela's a half dozen times trying to talk myself into buying it but just couldn't. Price was way to high and it didn't even have sights. The 34 is really a nice rifle.

wcp4570

Wasn't the 37 the Range Master? That is one I've never owned, in fact I've never shot one, and
    haven't seen very many of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Drm50 View Post
    Wasn't the 37 the Range Master? That is one I've never owned, in fact I've never shot one, and
    That's what I was thinking also, model 37.

I've had a couple 513T's in the past, they were always a solid performer. Eventually either sold or traded them off but I still have a 40x.

Don't know why but I got into collecting the sporter versions of the target rifles. The remington 513T's are extremely common but they only made 13,000+ 513's. A picture of my 513s, the sporter version of the 513T.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Drm50 View Post
    Drm50
    That was a 37 I was thinking about and not a 34. The 37 is one of those I will probably never own because of the price they bring.

wcp4570

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast