Reloading EverythingRepackboxWidenersSnyders Jerky
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLoad Data
RotoMetals2 Titan Reloading

Thread: DougGuy does it again

Boolit Buddy

DougGuy does it again

I've had a baby Vaquero for quite a few years that never shot well because it needed the cylinder opened up. I asked around locally but couldn't get anyone to work on it so it just sat in the back of the safe and I forgot about it. I had Doug work on a 45 Vaquero a year or so ago and it made a huge improvement in it. I dug the 32 out and sent it to Doug last week. He had it back to me Monday and I had a chance to shoot it a little this evening. She's a little tack driver now! Doug knows what he's doing and he's quick doing it too. Thanks DougGuy!

So does he need the whole gun or just the cylinder?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by strongbow67 View Post
    So does he need the whole gun or just the cylinder?
    He just needs the cylinder unless you want him to do the forcing cone or crown.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Bzcraig View Post
    He just needs the cylinder unless you want him to do the forcing cone or crown.
    Yep, I should have worded my post differently.

Vendor Sponsor

Hey Brad I am glad it worked out for you, I figured it was much improved!

Brad's cylinder was a little more out of spec than most of the 32s it had 4 throats at .3125" but the other two were horrifically ovaled, measuring .314" at the widest part according to the Starrett dial bore gage, so in trying to hold all the throats as close as possible to the two largest ones, by the time those were honed round and the others honed to match, they all were at .3145" and all within .0002" when it went back.

No more frequent flyers on this airline!
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.