Reloading EverythingInline FabricationSnyders JerkyLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply Titan Reloading

Thread: Making a Swage Press ...

Boolit Mold

Making a Swage Press ...

Hello,

I've started to build the press made famous by this thread:

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-a-Swage-press

actually I'm using a metric drawing as, in Italy, it would have been very difficult and costly to find or import the right iron bars.

Now, both of the project I have, metric and inches have a ram drawing with RCE 7/8-14 but, having to buy dies and reading to all of the comments about years to wait for RCE products, I will probably go with Corbin's dies. The problem is that I'm still in doubt if going with a 5/8 - 24 ram head threads, a 7/8-14 or a 1.0 - 12 threads which I like to add flexibility to the press even if I'm planning, for the moment, to swage only 9,5mm to .45 paper patched lead bullets.

Any comments about that?

Another problem is I only have the RCE 7/8-14 drawing so, please, is there anyone who can help me with ram drawing of the Corbin's 5/8-24 and 1.0-12 rams?

Thank you to everyone

Dario

Well, I've never made a press but I have looked at presses that have adapter's and I would
    think about 1 1/4x12 thread like used for the LEE 50 BMG dies and buy/make adapters for
    anything smaller.

5/8-24 is what is used for suppressor so I would think that this might be what you are looking for
    http://www.advanced-armament.com/ass..._01-040513.PDF

1.0-12 UNF is easy enough to look up

All that being said - I would contact the maker of the dies you want to get specifications.
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Buddy
    I would opt for the largest diameter thread, and then make bushings to adapt for smaller diameter. That way you can use anybody's dies with the correct bushing.