9-11-2001 reminds me of a day my parents were never able to forget 12-7-1941. The 16 years since our day of tragedy has not created a safer world for any of us. We have lost friends and family. Our nation as a whole is more divided than it has been in a very long time. We are faced with the results of two terrible Hurricanes just recently, we see the break down of civil actions by our Congress, we see the media try and destroy our President.
But as I sit and remember 9-11-2001 I remember where I was and how I found out about it, a friend caught the news on his radio and we turned on a tv that was in the office and saw not only the footage of the first plane but the live footage of the second going into the twin towers. I ran back to another part of the office to see if a friend that was to be in one of the towers on business was in fact in the towers. He missed it because of his desire to get a special flavor of coffee and was in the deli when a police officer came in and refused to let anyone out. A few seconds later the debris from the towers went flying by the deli. Will I forget that day most likely along with so many other bad days in my life. I find comfort in knowing that all things are known by God and he alone will deal with those who seek to destroy the innocence people.
Today we must be watchful of another challenge facing us and that is North Korea and what is the correct action for this nation to take, do we go to war or seek to find a more peaceful answer to this issue, as a nation we must watch and see how our leaders deal with it. Congress is all but useless in moving any real legislation forward and yet we continue to re-elect the same people to go back and do nothing for the nation and everything for themselves. Yes there are things and events to morn over but there are also real issues facing us today we must address or pay the consequences for in action.