Titan ReloadingWidenersLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationReloading EverythingRepackbox
RotoMetals2

Thread: For thought and meditation

Boolit Master

For thought and meditation

"You have decided the length of our lives. You know how many months we will live, and we are not given a minute longer."

—Job 14:5

I want to ask you a question. If you had one year left to live, how would you live your life? Would you live it any differently than you lived the year before?

This is something we must come to grips with, because as believers, we want to deal with reality. We want to face the facts of the brevity of life on Earth and the reality of eternity.

Sadly, there are many people today who live silly, shallow, wasted lives. Daniel said to King Belshazzar, “You have been weighed on the balances and have not measured up” (Daniel 5:27). Belshazzar was put on God’s scale, and he didn’t have enough weight. He was a lightweight. He had wasted his life. And there are a lot of people today who waste their lives as well.

As tragic as it is, a life being cut short is not the greatest tragedy of all. And to the point, who are we to say that a life is cut short? Isn’t God the one who determines the length of our days? Doesn’t Scripture say there is a time to be born and a time to die? It doesn’t tell us when that time is. Doesn’t the Bible say that our times are in His hands?

When our son Christopher went to meet the Lord at age 33, it was so unexpected. But Christopher was living for the Lord. He was glorifying God with his life, and he is in Heaven now. Obviously he is greatly missed.

But what is even more tragic than a life that isn’t lived as long as we would like to see it lived is a life that is largely squandered and wasted.

Don’t waste your life. Don’t waste your year. Don’t waste today. Make every day count.
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

No change.

I have been living as if I expected the Lord to take me at night for a couple of years n
    Some days I have even asked him to come take me now. That I was ready.

He's not, he had work for me to do. I never knew what that work was going to be.
    But he lead me to it through my little dog Casey.

Yesterday afternoon at 1:30 Casey and I headed the 3 blocks to Manorcare. They do a lot of after surgery care there, helping people learn how to cope after losing limbs. And some Elder Care.

Two people were sitting outside on a couple of padded bench's when we arrived. A third gentlemen was in a wheelchair on the phone. He never looked at us. And he went away without us being able to make a difference.

But everyone else went away with a smile on their face and love in their heart.

When Casey see's someone he wants to meet he will go to the end of his leash, stand on his back legs and make pawing motions with his front paws. He is BEGGING.

Not many can see that and not have their heart melt.

A little later we had a real challenge. Nice elderly lady comes out with an older gentleman. And she has long red nails. I mean 3/4 of an inch beyond the end of her finger. And Casey boy man was worried about those things.

After a minute of watching him dashing in and out I picked him up, set him in her lap. And now the nails were behind his head where he could not see them. She sat there loving that dog for half an hour.

My part is easy. I just get him there, make him follow the rules. We don't go to people, people have to come to us. Casey does all the hard work. My life is no longer my own, I am doing the Lords work, and will do so as long as I can or until he says stop, your work is done. Either is fine, he is in control.

Moderator Emeritus

Life is a continuous struggle to do the right thing and as Christians we continue to mature and grow in our faith and belief in God. I would not change a thing but the struggle would still be there and I would do my very best to magnify God and His works and promises. Thanks for the lesson Ronnie....Paul
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Super Moderator Emeritus
    Life of a Christian is like working on a ladder three steps up and we drop something go down pick it back up and start climbing again. one day when we see Jesus we will have made it to the top of the ladder. My thought

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Good way to look at it Jim . We will continue to make mistakes because we are imperfect but GOD knew that when we accepted his offer of salvation . But we are to try . Good lesson rl69
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Master

A great lesson.

Faced my mortality awhile back. I was ready. God let me know, He wasn't finished with me yet.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Preacher Jim View Post
    Life of a Christian is like working on a ladder three steps up and we drop something go down pick it back up and start climbing again. one day when we see Jesus we will have made it to the top of the ladder. My thought
    Minor change but important - One day when we see Jesus He will have taken us to the top. Not my effort, it's all God. He even makes my effort possible.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!