RepackboxSnyders JerkyWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingLoad DataTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication

Thread: WTB: Benchmade Knife

Boolit Master

WTB: Benchmade Knife

I have recently had the hankering for a nice knife. I have a gun shop around my area that carries Benchmade, but I thought I would ask here instead of forking out the dough for a pretty one.

I use my knifes, so I am hoping someone has a structurally sound and tight benchmade that also has finish blemishes--A working man's knife.

Model is not specific, but I need it to be a folder for pocket carry.

I would also be interested in other high quality knives besides the Benchmade--just looking for a great SHTF piece.

Boolit Buddy
    I've got one... a Griptilian black handle and blade. 3 3/8" blade. Tip's not broken, not been sharpened much but carried and used... black finish is worn on the blade and pocket clip but seems to be a good sound using knife. I don't have any good way of sending photos so if that will be a problem then just ignore this post. Not trying to be a smart ***. A new one seems to be around $105 plus shipping from what surfing that I did. $60 shipped in the U.S., USPS money order( don't do pay-pal).

Boolit Master
    That sounds like a great deal! Please PM your address, and i'll have a MO out asap! Thank you.

Boolit Grand Master

You can't go wrong w/ a Griptilian. Especially at that price. I prefer the Mini version as it carries better in the pocket. There are a whole lot of different versions of these knifes. Their website will give you the run down on steels used. Most likely has 154CM. Also comes in different varieties of blade profiles. And you cannot beat the Axis lock. It's the only one I trust my fingers to when it comes to folders. I stay away from their website because it ends up costing me money. Waiting for the Bugout to be shipped to me. I knew it was a few week wait when ordering it.

Boolit Buddy
    This one is plain edge in D2 steel.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by baogongmeo View Post
    This one is plain edge in D2 steel.
    Then it has the thumb stud for opening and the black finish on the blade.

Boolit Grand Master

Posted by accident.

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    I just bought Benchmade Mini Infidel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2o72g4lG66U
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOhQr7OF12U

In IL they just made Auto knifes legal. I just love it this one
    Just love The OTF, it didn't come cheap but you only live once.
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master
    We can't have any auto openers in Michigan. I really do not understand the reasoning behind this decision. We can open carry in Michigan, but we cannot have a "type" of knife.

I saw my first switchblade when I was in high school. A kid had one on the bus--I was hooked. This was waaayyyyyyyy back!

Those Infidels are where it's at. Someday-hopefully!

Boolit Grand Master

Can't have automatics in PA either. I can walk down the street w/ a broad sword on my side but can't have a push button knife. Law enforcement is allowed to have them....go figure.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by birch View Post
    We can't have any auto openers in Michigan. I really do not understand the reasoning behind this decision.
    Westside Story: James Dean.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    I have both these Knifes. I highly recommend these .
    I trade off on which one I carry

Benchmade 470 Emissary AXIS Assited 3" S30V Blade,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mq9zzcip8E0

Benchmade 585 Mini Barrage
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arI7U1cIABo
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Birch - we can't have 'em in MI because that would "even" the odds on the street . . . especially in the big city of Deeeetroit.

I can remember a couple of kids in school when I was a kid that had a switchblade . . . come to think of it, they both had ducktails and leather jackets too . . . .

I agree - doesn't make sense.

Boolit Master
    Hah! Ducktails!!!!!!! I actually had one of those in the early eighties. It was basically a handle my mom would use when I screwed up. It wasn't bad when she pulled down but didn't feel too hot when she gave it a big ol' yank north.

I feel the same about the "odds". The reason I got my CCW in the first place was a wrong turn in D-town. My wife and I go down a couple of times a year (live in the Evart area) for the good food. To make a long story short--we ended up in the hood at the wrong time of day. We finally had a guy pull up and tell us we had to get the hell out of there. I blindly followed him out of the area. He could have easily gotten us in an even worse situation, but I had no choice. After that, I took the first course I could. I will never be caught in a situation like that again. It sure is a shame how the anti-gunners can't see the importance of standing on your own two feet.

That is why I want a knife--for the times I don't carry, that will be with me.

I found a really nice knife by the way. Thank you for all the fine offers.