Titan ReloadingWidenersRepackboxLee Precision
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingLoad DataRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Snyders Jerky

Thread: I would like to tell a story

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar

I would like to tell a story

I'm about 500 miles from the coast of Texas . I have never been on the ground after a hurricane yet understand them well . I have been on the ground in several tornados , I live in tornado alley . Devastation is devastation , loss is loss , suffering is suffering .

The worst I saw was right here in 79 , best I remember 48-49 were killed . I was there , my parents house was destroyed , they were on social security and liked 2 payments having it paid for . This could be a multi post description of disaster but I will keep it short in respect to what is happening now in Texas and Florida .

I moved my folks in with me . They were scared and lost not knowing their future . My sister and I took good care of them , they had us to look out for them . The day of the tornado I walked into the total devastation to get them out . I had to carry my dad , he was 78 years old and just had hip replacement one week before .
    I took them to my house , electricity was out , water pressure going down , they shut the pumps down . I tried to reassure them , they were old . I drawed up all the water I could in the sinks and bathtub . I went back to the sine of destruction to help , I felt so bad leaving them . They were sitting at the eating table in the kitchen with a candle on it . Their lives had changed , they didn't know what to do and just sitting in the dark .

I went back to their house (Dark by then) , passed out water , turned off gas meters (gas was whistling everywhere) . Got a couple out from under their house where they hid when it hit . The refrigerator had fallen over the crawl space cover .

Enough said , I understand what many are feeling and will go home to ...if they have a home anymore . Lets help em .

I see many in the next few days suffering this and it is a hard thing .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Master

I was stationed at Ft Sill OK. in 79 and took truck loads of supplies and water down into Tx. Lawton Ok. got it too but for the most part not as bad.
    I have seen folks that lost everything and still can't really imagine that happening to me.
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years (Abe Lincoln)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington

Recently escaped from The People's Republik of Illinois, ...Now living in the Free State of Missouri
    My sister-in-law and her husband live (...lived) on Marco Island.

They evacuated on Thursday, ....and they are expecting to return to a vacant lot.
    KLC

“.....Nuttier than a squirrel turd.” - An assertion by a fellow forum member

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Yep , Fort Sill is 60 mile north . It was , bad south side of a town with a 100000 people layed waste to. Help came from everywhere . I saw so much good then it affected my life . This is oilfield country , drilling contractors sent rig crews , rig up trucks in . People took folks into their homes . Churches doubled up helping . Everyone pitched in to help . We didn't wait for the government , we did what needed be done .

Lets help those in these disasters happening now .
    No turning back , No turning back !