RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionLoad DataRepackbox
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bought the 351 WSL

Banned
    Battis,

YEP. "Pretty rare" well covers the book's availability. = I've tried to find a copy for years.

yours, tex

Boolit Bub
    I just bought the book directly from the author this spring. I can find the author's email if anyone is interested.

Boolit Buddy

Forgotten Winchesters

Henwood is dead, so his book probably is not the one on bought recently. I'm not familiar with the other title, but might bear looking into.
    With that being said, I bought the book "Forgotten Winchesters" in a package deal along with a 1907, several 10 round mags and some ammo some 3 or 4 years ago. The rifle had a terrible bore and I sold it immediately. The book I kept and have read and reread it numerous times. I did see one at 'Ward's Auctions' about a year ago and it sold for upwards of $500.00. Probably should have taken a little better care of my copy...

Boolit Buddy

.22 Win Auto

Original ammo was made up into the '70's at least. I remember finding bricks of Remington in Tyler, TX back in the early '90's and buying 2 (bricks, that is) at $150.00 ea. Went back several months later and they (gun shop) had upped the price to $300.00 for a brick. Visited that shop last spring (some 20 plus years later) and they had none left.
    Zanders still has the newly manufactured Aguila .22 Auto (or did the last time I checked) at $15.00 or so a box (of 50). I've never broken into my two bricks of Remington and probably won't owing to the present value. If anyone is interested in a 'group buy', let me know...

This Model 1910 brought $92K last May @ RIA.

https://www.rockislandauction.com/de...0-rifle-401-sl

Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

Boolit Master

Boolit Master

Southern Middle Tennessee/ Hillsboro Alabama
    The Winchester .22 Auto round was developed for the 1903 Winchester so that people could not use the black powder .22 ammo that was still available at that time . All the .22 Auto ammo was smokeless . I bought serial #2500 in the early eighties for $100.00 and had to buy ammo at the Tennessee Gun Collectors show in Nashville . I was able to negotiate a deal of $6.00 per box ( down from $10.00 ) on 100 boxes . It was Remington copper cased and shot like brand new stuff . That rifle was early enough that it did not have a safety . I later bought one made I think about 1920 that had the safety and was threaded for a can , cost me if I remember correctly $50.00 . I sold both in 1994 for a handsome profit and bought a 63 and a whole bunch of Yellow Jackets to shoot in it . Wish I had kept #2500 . Remington also had a .22 Auto round that they used in some sort of Auto pistol . I have seen the ammo but have not seen a live version of the pistol .

Eddie
    Grumpy Old Man With A Gun....... Do Not Touch !!

that is a nice earlier heavy wood version .They started to make these around the 20s for the law enforcement and jail guards to be more durable.It may just be a shrinkage type crack the previous owner filled ,All in a nice find in great condition

I have a soft spot for these old WSL rifles and have a set of them in rim fire /center fire and a couple of 12ga shotguns .Fortunately Agulia made a recent run of the 22 auto for the 1903 and Jamison makes brass for the 351 so it make thes easier to use .
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	019.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	69.9 KB 
ID:	205160Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1847.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	72.4 KB 
ID:	205161
    I have also converted some parts guns into interesting calibers and they also work great . 30 carbine which was done by others also ,338-223 on an 07,360dan wesson and 44automag on 1910s ,

Boolit Buddy
    That's a good looking set of rifles and we'll taken care of. I'm about ready for a trip to the range with mine. I made up 20 cases from 357 mag brass and they seem to cycle and eject fine. If this is what I think it is one of my buddies other 351s just might follow me home one day.
    Muzzleloaders....why don't you pick one up and smoke it sometime

Serving my Lord and Savor has been one of my biggest challenges and for sure biggest joys in my life....
    Thank you Jesus....you changed the rhythm of my heart.

my first one was one that was scorched from a house fire ,went through the rebuilding process and it shot great .Them I just ended up picking them up at gunshows for cheap as ammo was obsolete and then one day there was a pelethera of them in the locker in every cal and condition .

So far I sold off 18 and still have 27 left ,so I am cutting down LOL

Banned
    blackbahart,

You sound like me & my Model 760 "addiction". - I'm NOT an addict; I can quit buying pump-rifles anytime that I like. I'm NOT. I'm NOT.
    (CHUCKLE.)

yours, tex
    Last edited by texasnative46; 10-06-2017 at 11:37 AM.

Boolit Buddy
    "..Remington also had a .22 Auto round that they used in some sort of Auto pistol . I have seen the ammo but have not seen a live version of the pistol ..."

The 22Remington Autoloading round was for their Model 16 semiauto rifle.
    Another one-of rifle and ammo combination. The 22RemAutoLoading round does not interchange w/the 22LR nor the Winchester 22Auto round. Same idea as the Winchester round though,,to use a smokeless round in their semiauto rifle and keep the then commonly found BP loaded 22LR out of it.

Boolit Master

Southern Middle Tennessee/ Hillsboro Alabama
    Quote Originally Posted by 2152hq View Post
    "..Remington also had a .22 Auto round that they used in some sort of Auto pistol . I have seen the ammo but have not seen a live version of the pistol ..."

The 22Remington Autoloading round was for their Model 16 semiauto rifle.
    Another one-of rifle and ammo combination. The 22RemAutoLoading round does not interchange w/the 22LR nor the Winchester 22Auto round. Same idea as the Winchester round though,,to use a smokeless round in their semiauto rifle and keep the then commonly found BP loaded 22LR out of it.

The rifle I have seen but I also have seen a picture (only) of a semi auto pistol that they had at one time intended to build for that cartridge . I don't think any were ever built except the one they were playing with . Wonder if Remington still is in possession of it ?

Eddie
    Grumpy Old Man With A Gun....... Do Not Touch !!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12