Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingRepackboxTitan Reloading
WidenersInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Load Data Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wonder Box

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Well it's time to add to the box . I'm runnin a little late , had a chore to do after work . In to the box goes a brand new can of Lyman Quick Slick case lube spray . Good stuff ...I like it !

The next item I have had a good while . It was made by a friend , a good man . He and I were moderators on a form long ago when the forums were first starting .
    He was an old man , he didn't have much means of support . He worked on many things liking to stay busy . He knew more about black powder shooting than I ever will by his experience . He was generous , he was well liked , he was a fair man and he read his bible every night before he went to bed .

He liked to make knives but didn't have much to work with , using what he could come up with . He built this knife and posted pictures along as he did it , took a while . He shot the deer with a flintlock (don't remember what kind) and used antler base for the handle . The blade is made of a file and the silver cover on the end of the handle is a silver fifty cent piece he beat out and polished . Overall length of knife is bout 12 1/2'' , blade itself is 7'' . He wanted it to look old .

When he finished it . I thought he did a good job realizing what he had to build it and then he gifted it to me at the end of the thread . I was surprised and shocked never saw that one coming .

You might wonder how I would part with it ? Mike is gone now I have enjoyed it a long time , my friends name was Mike . I want his work to go for a good cause instead of being sold at the yard sale when I'm gone . He would love to know it helped folks . I'm glad Mike could help here .

Last edited by Boaz; 09-12-2017 at 08:30 PM.
    No turning back , No turning back !

Thank you Boaz for all you do.....
    Now 100.

$200. Nice blade, better story.

BB

Quote Originally Posted by bfuller14 View Post
    Thank you Boaz for all you do.....
    Now 100.
    Thank you bfuller but ya'll are the ones shouldering the load . It builds us all up to see people working together in a good cause .

2 Corinthians 9;6-7
    But this I say: He who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. 7 So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver.

To be a cheerful giver is not of just money but your time , caring , encouragement and love for others as many have here .

bikerbeans ...thank you once again .

Well heck ! It's that time again to see what will go in the box . Day to day I don't even know , I am mentally incapable of planning more day at a time . I type with one finger and at times have trouble trying my shoes . But I don't worry for myself much being 65 years old and on the down hill run . Matthew 6; 31-34 comes to mind .

31 “Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. 33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

To start off we have a bag of CLAEYS WILD CHERRY DROPS ! They are dang good ! I always try to put some in a box if I can find em . I get a bag of the wild cherry or lemon drops bout every week to keep at work .

Next item is a spinosaurus tooth . Larger than a T Rex . This tooth came from Morocco . Fossils have always
    interested me .
    https://www.thoughtco.com/things-to-...saurus-1093798

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spinosaurus

It will come boxed . I thank you for looking ! Hope you had a good day and have an even better day tomorrow . Thank you for looking .
    Last edited by Boaz; 09-13-2017 at 08:21 PM.

Ok , I failed ! Left my camera at the shop ! Can't post pictures , it's heck to get old and dumb .....well wait a min , I have always been dumb . I play catch up tomorrow . Rancher1913 sent items to add so should be interesting !

Spinodino

Toothy little bugger!

BB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Alright after I totally failed yesterday leaving my antique Cannon camera at the shop I'll try to do better . And I got some help from rancher1913 ! He sent some items to put in the box to help out , thank you rancher1913 !!

So ! Lets start off with what he contributed .

Assortment of sticker/bumper stickers (some funny) , A 'fly shooter' (my son of 45 years old was dying to try it out) , one cow-calf-bull pocket record book ,one recording photo frame (still got one at the shop with my daughter talking when she was 3 years old) , new cable lock with key , magnetic wallet address book (I'm going to get one of these !) , An ear tag and another key chain and a brand new folding Winchester (with clip) pocket knife .
    Rancher1913 picked up the slack when I dropped the ball yesterday .

I will put in 6 tubes of Hotlix toothpicks , I keep em in all my vehicles . lol , used em to quit smoking long ago and got addicted to them !

Next will be 4 V nickels and 6 buffalo nickels . No real collector value but interesting .

Last item up is a brand new solid brass airplane , prop job . Nice decorator piece , measures bout 6 1/2 long and 7 1/2 wide . It is pretty .

I thank you for looking . All this brings will go to help the ones affected by hurricane Irma . GOD bless

Getting in a little late from work (that's not unusual) and tried to figure . Shop was busy today .....lol , nothing like dealing with the public . But on the positive side it might show that you have at least a little sanity left .

After due consideration I picked these items to put in the box . As I know it this will be my last auction . There is still great need , people are digging out after the hurricanes . Trying to rebuild their lives , many with limited or no funds to do it . Times are hard for many . I ask you consider them . Total bid will go for relief , we can not fix all their problems but we can help .

First item is four flints from the Nepal gun hoard , about 200 years old .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDWWH6qSpeY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwA8UVmGG7w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yHOmgU4Afs

These flints came from the cache in Nepal . If you like history ....you can own a piece of it .

Next is a very nice ladies garnet and sterling silver ring size 7 . Will be in the velvet box in the photo .

Last is a prism , sorry I took a lot of pictures but the light refraction just would not let me get a good one . I used these to show and teach children that because you can not see something does not mean it does not exist , a lesson in faith . There are many passages concerning GOD's light . Many mentions of ..rainbow . I like this one a lot .

Revelation 4;1-5

After these things I looked, and behold, a door standing open in heaven. And the first voice which I heard was like a trumpet speaking with me, saying, “Come up here, and I will show you things which must take place after this.”
    2 Immediately I was in the Spirit; and behold, a throne set in heaven, and One sat on the throne. 3 And He who sat there was like a jasper and a sardius stone in appearance; and there was a rainbow around the throne, in appearance like an emerald. 4 Around the throne were twenty-four thrones, and on the thrones I saw twenty-four elders sitting, clothed in white robes; and they had crowns of gold on their heads. 5 And from the throne proceeded lightnings, thunderings, and voices. Seven lamps of fire were burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.

Auction ends tomorrow at high noon Texas time . I thank everyone for looking .

Boolit Master
    I will go $225

Thank you pipefitter !

A door standing open in heaven ....very much worth considering ?

Auction is over at noon . Last time I'll bump it . A good cause .

$250.

Bb

Thank you bikerbeans ! I just walked in from church and checked the auction . I will send address this evening , thank you brother .

To all who bid , looked and encouraged I thank you .

Payment to Salvation Army on wonder box auction . Thanks for helping !

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wonderbox.PNG 
Views:	41 
Size:	29.1 KB 
ID:	204544

(click to enlarge)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12