Load DataLee PrecisionWidenersTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wonder Box

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar

Wonder Box

Ok ! I'll start putting together another ...*Wonder Box* . Thus called because I wonder what the heck I'll I will put in it . All proceeds will go to hurricane Irma relief in sticky above . I will try to make it interesting , I take it a day at a time and try to find something different every day . There is no need it can't be a fun thing and serve a good cause .

Auction will start at $1.00 . Payment is to be made by PMO . End of auction is 9-17-17 (next Sunday) at high noon Texas Central Standard Time . I will pay shipping . Total of high bid will go to hurricane Irma relief . Please bid high and bid often for this cause . I thank you .

First item to go in the box is four one pound cans of Wolf Brand Chili !! Two with beans and two with no beans , my total supply of Wolf Chili . A staple food item for Texans everywhere . Been made since 1895 in Dallas Texas . I hear tell by others it is hard to come by in their part of the country . Wolf brand ..named for the founders pet wolf Kaiser Bill with a good enchilada receipt on the back (I add jalapenos) . Chili is the most versatile food group of them all ! No end to what you can make with it .

No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Master
    While I have never tried Wolf chili this looks like a good time to try. I will open with a bid of $25.

Quote Originally Posted by Pipefitter View Post
    While I have never tried Wolf chili this looks like a good time to try. I will open with a bid of $25.
    Thank you sir ! I feel you will not be let down ..I grew up on it . An offer of help from the great state of Michigan !

Boolit Master

Well ..... OHIO must out do Michigan ....

$30

No I'm not an OHIO fan just happen to live here

Scott
    Scott

You can easily judge the character of others by how they treat those who they think can do nothing for them.

LOL ! I agree the great state of Ohio should triumph over ....
    Thank you !

Boolit Master

I'll go $40.00 , but only if you send the chili to someone down there that needs it.
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years (Abe Lincoln)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington

That would actually be easy to do . Donation boxes everywhere here . Thank you !

I will go $50.

Question, I thought real Texas chili didn't have beans?

BB

Once you try Wolf Brand Chili you will never ever want Hormel ! Bag of Frito corn chips I like the scoops , they go great together !
    $55.00 , I am in !

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbeans View Post
    I will go $50.

Question, I thought real Texas chili didn't have beans?

BB
    I don't get into that debate...I like em both ! The one with beans only produces more 'volatility' . Good over fries , baked potato with cheese , in enchilada casserole ......endless ! Thank you !

Quote Originally Posted by Dakoma View Post
    Once you try Wolf Brand Chili you will never ever want Hormel ! Bag of Frito corn chips I like the scoops , they go great together !
    $55.00 , I am in !
    I am in agreement , Hormel is trash . Wolf is where it's at ! Thank you !

I grew up with this commercial back in the 60's .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0L1GG780-Dw

The Wally World near me carries Wolf chili, think I will buy some today. My best friend is visiting tomorrow and nothing starts the day out better than a chili & cheese omelette!

BB

Boolit Master

Or salsa and eggs makes a good start too,humm wolf with out beans is great over hotdogs.
    For my bid $60
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

You are correct SSGOldfart ! Gourmet dog is polish sausage covered with wolf and all the onions you can get to stick to the chili (cheese optional) .
    Thank you sir !

I looked around and thought about what to put in the box for this evening . Decided on something I think is interesting and something for luck . But first some scripture to explain what I think is interesting .

Mark 11;41-44

The Widow’s Two Mites
    41 Now Jesus sat opposite the treasury and saw how the people put money into the treasury. And many who were rich put in much. 42 Then one poor widow came and threw in two mites, which make a quadrans. 43 So He called His disciples to Himself and said to them, “Assuredly, I say to you that this poor widow has put in more than all those who have given to the treasury; 44 for they all put in out of their abundance, but she out of her poverty put in all that she had, her whole livelihood.”

Luke 12;57-59

Make Peace with Your Adversary
    57 “Yes, and why, even of yourselves, do you not judge what is right? 58 When you go with your adversary to the magistrate, make every effort along the way to settle with him, lest he drag you to the judge, the judge deliver you to the officer, and the officer throw you into prison. 59 I tell you, you shall not depart from there till you have paid the very last mite.”

Trying to kind of set the stage here . What goes in the box is two genuine Widow's mites , about two thousand years old in use while Christ was with us here on earth . Two mites the same as the widow offering in Mark . Will be boxed .

Next is an item some think brings luck (good luck with that) a lucky horseshoe ! Could make you rich , never have another flat tire or keep your underwear from riding up ?

Thank you for looking...it's for a good cause .

lol , I had someone pm and ask me if these are actually coins , I assure you they are . They need to be cleaned after being buried for a few thousand years . There are many different ways to do it , I soak them in distilled water and use a small wood pick and a tooth brush . It's actually fun to do , seeing the image come out . Many different ways to do it ...just click up youtube .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkTS-CMw0cI

what these look like cleaned .

https://www.thegalileeexperience.com...-1-900x900.jpg
    Last edited by Boaz; 09-12-2017 at 05:45 AM.

I had a can of no bean wolf chili yesterday, good stuff!

$75

BB

Boolit Master

Yes Sir they are real,my wife has a number of them as well as many Roman coins. After they are soaked clean and waxed you can see the coin very clearly so let's bump it to $80.00
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Thank you bikerbeans and SSGOldfart !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast