WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
RepackboxReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Snyders Jerky Load Data

Thread: WTB-Ideal 310 resizing die for .45Colt

Boolit Master

WTB-Ideal 310 resizing die for .45Colt

As noted- this need not be pristine on exterior, only need a good sizing surface. A vintage die would most likely be of the correct interior dimensions for my old S&W. I've already got newer 7/8" dies w/tight Ruger specs.
    Thanks for peeking.
    Pepe Ray
    The way is ONLY through HIM.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Pepe - .452 or .454? IIRC they were available in those sizes. I'll take a look at what I have - don't know if I have one but will check.

Pepe.... just sent you a PM about a vintage RCBS sizer for your Smith and Wesson. If you want to go with a 310 tool, be advised they only neck size brass. You can do the same with your newer die by just raising the die in the tool head.

The Lyman Tru-Line Jr. dies did come with a FL sizer in 45 Colt, but it will produce sized cases of the same dimensions at the vintage RCBS above.

A 310 die in 45 ACP can be used to neck size the 45 Colt cases as well. The 310 expanders came in .452 for the ACP and .454 for the 45 Colt.

Anyway, PM me with an address and I will get the RCBS FL sizer to you. These older dies will produce a larger finished round that will be a better fit for the charge holes in your cylinder. However, in these vintage Smiths the major issue will be the large size of the cylinder throats and that is a bullet issue and not a brass sizing issue.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    Pepe Ray,

If you want a .310 tool case muzzle resizer or bullet resizer of custom diameter, DougGuy on this forum, while best known for his cylinder work, can also work die magic on his machinery at a reasonable price which is less than ordering a custom die from the big makers. If you have one which is a bit tight, and perhaps which scratches brass, he can hone and polish it up to size with better interior finish than factory originals.

I have been VERY pleased with custom case and bullet sizer die work he has done for me and my .45 Colts and .455s!!!!
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Sorry Pepe - I misunderstood. I read your post and took it that you were looking for a 310 tool boolit sizing die. I hadn't had my first cup of coffee yet - at least I'll use that for an excuse! LOL

Boolit Master

Thanks, ALL, for the interesting responses. I feel that I've gotten my request understood. Charles has something on the way which I believe will satisfy my needs. I'll confirm my suspicions in a later post. Thanks again.
    Pepe Ray
    The way is ONLY through HIM.