Inline FabricationLee PrecisionRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingWidenersRepackbox
Load Data

Thread: For thought and meditation

Boolit Master

For thought and meditation

"I know, LORD, that our lives are not our own. We are not able to plan our own course."

—Jeremiah 10:23

Sometimes we understand the circumstances of our lives, and at other times they mystify us. We make our plans, but God always will have His way.

There is nothing wrong with making plans for tomorrow, next month, or next year. But just remember, the Lord may change your plans. He, not you, is in control of your life. The prophet Jeremiah wrote, “I know, Lord, that our lives are not our own. We are not able to plan our own course” (Jeremiah 10:23). We are told in Proverbs 16:9, “We can make our plans, but the Lord determines our steps.” And Proverbs 20:24 says, “The Lord directs our steps, so why try to understand everything along the way?” We call this divine providence.

Having said that, this doesn’t mean that bad things won’t happen to good, and even godly, people. But it does mean that even when bad things happen, God can bring good out of bad. Romans 8:28 reminds us that “God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.” However, the good that God promises will not be fully realized until we get to Heaven.

There are some things we can look at in life and say, “That was bad, but in retrospect, I can see the good that has come from it.” But then there are other things we experience in life, and we’ll never see good come out of them, at least outwardly. And it is not until we get to the other side and see the Lord face-to-face that we will understand these things.

We must realize that God is in control of all circumstances that surround our lives. God loves us, and He is always looking out for our eternal benefit
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Thank you, rl. This realization took me many years to understand and accept. God's plan is never what it seems and always better than we could expect.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

Thank you rl69 - Better God's plan than mine.
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Master

Thanks and yes I have saw this in my life, God is Sovereign!

Moderator Emeritus

Part of my daily prayer ends with "Give me the strength to know where you want me to go and please take me by the hand and lead me there."
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Grand Master

Most people (apparently including some pastors!) that Rom. 8:29a defines 'good' in Rom. 8:28. This in paraphrase says that we will be made like Christ so that He will be the first of many siblings. Thus 'good' is that which moves me closer to being like Christ, not what I experience or value as 'good'. Yes, God has the best for us in mind, and I often get in the way, but what He determines is best for me I may not, at the moment, appreciate.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Moderator Emeritus

Amen to the OP and comments! We like to be haughty enough to think that WE do and create everything in our lives. We never seem to realize that God created us and all we use to build whatever we make in this world, and we can't even BE anything, much less DO anything without Him and His consent. God is, ultimately, our EVERYTHING, period!