Reloading EverythingRepackboxRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationSnyders JerkyLee Precision
Load Data Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Few questions on new to me star

Maybe these will help. With and without bullet feeder AF190

Sorry for the sideways pictures..They are correct on my PC??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_7217.JPG   IMG_7218.JPG   IMG_7219.JPG   IMG_7220.JPG  

Boolit Buddy
    Yeah, my nut is smaller. I think you should measure distance and then compare. apologies f you already did this. This thread has a lot of good info . I didn't have the time at the moment to focus on it . Here's a pic of mine. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1605.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	33.3 KB 
ID:	203864

Quote Originally Posted by chloe123 View Post
    Yeah, my nut is smaller. I think you should measure distance and then compare. apologies f you already did this. This thread has a lot of good info . I didn't have the time at the moment to focus on it . Here's a pic of mine. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1605.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	33.3 KB 
ID:	203864
    WOW, Yea thats a big difference in size. Could of been the wrong nut got placed with my press. Dunno, I know I love it already and the seller was a great guy to deal with. I have no issues and getting the right nut. Hey, is that the nut that came with the bullet feeder?

The nut thickness is .225, I'd be curious what yours is?

BTW, you said measure distance..What distance you looking for chloe123. I'll be happy to go find out. Thanks again

Also, your top punch looks longer than mine as well...I think

Boolit Buddy
    See the picture from magma re. Distance . That image comes from their manual for your sizer.

Basically, insert a bullet in the Die such that the lube groove line up with the row of sizer holes you have unplugged. Then insert it in the star sizer. Now, thread the majority of your top punch (do it without the bullet feeder assemblage--the af109 you were describing) in the sizer . Ok, simply lower the lever intil you feel the base of he bullet. (You'll adjust the top punch at that point to where the actuating arm/fulcrum depresses the spring and lube gets applied--you can feel that)

...I think I may have overcomplicated things . The manual also provides rough estimate lengths for majority of their bullet design, btw

I'd take a video for you of mine but multitasking with home stuff

Quote Originally Posted by chloe123 View Post
    See the picture from magma re. Distance . That image comes from their manual for your sizer.

Basically, insert a bullet in the Die such that the lube groove line up with the row of sizer holes you have unplugged. Then insert it in the star sizer. Now, thread the majority of your top punch (do it without the bullet feeder assemblage--the af109 you were describing) in the sizer . Ok, simply lower the lever intil you feel the base of he bullet. (You'll adjust the top punch at that point to where the actuating arm/fulcrum depresses the spring and lube gets applied--you can feel that)

...I think I may have overcomplicated things . The manual also provides rough estimate lengths for majority of their bullet design, btw

I'd take a video for you of mine but multitasking with home stuff
    Yup, I used page 5 and the distance they state got me real close in the ballpark using the first set of holes. I tried the second set but then the threads from the punch started to hit the die. Went back to the first hole and all was good. Once I added the bullet feeder and the giant nut..LOL then the nut hit the die. I'm going to order another kit for the bullet feeder..that being said I took AF195 and belt sanded it thinner..Problem solved. I took it from .110 to .090 I think and it hardly touches the die now..Go figure

Boolit Buddy
    Good work

Oh yea! She's humming along just great now...Woohoooooo. Now I have to get the heat dialed in just right. Going to try no heat at all tonight with Carnauba Blue

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12