RotoMetals2RepackboxLee PrecisionWideners
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blackmon dies

hmm..interesting. Just a mix of RF case makes? I've tried S&B, Fio., Win, Rem, CCI, Agulia. Maybe its the fast twist 1:9 barrel, 35g bullets.

I may try them shorter just for the fun of it, but my 95/5 jackets have been working great, Just need to get a 1:8 to test the 37-39g bullets.
    Ron Reed
    Oklahoma City, OK

Boolit Buddy
    All cases are sorted by head stamp. Different brands differ in weight, some markedly. If making .224" projectiles that are going to be pushed fast I like the Stirling"T" cases as they are .004" thicker than other brands. For the slower, short, 40gn hornet projectiles, I will use thinner cases.
    Also when annealing I make them fit for purpose and not one size fits all. For a fast 17 pill I anneal prior to drawing so it hardens up a bit but still PF well. For the slower 17 pills I will anneal after the draw. It may all be in my head and mean little but they make it to the target. I do not anneal to dead soft either. 550deg C for 15 min in a small kilm, 1000 at a time. They are on a metal tray spread thinly, but this is a thread about Backmon dies so we can start a 17Cal thread if we want to and get into the nuts and bolts of the little buggers.
    All said Larry's dies work very well for me and my needs. They work and make nice shooting projectiles.

Billsshed
    The bloke out in the field is always right until proven otherwise.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12