Wideners RotoMetals2

Thread: Learning a new pic posting site. Bisley 45

Boolit Buddy Cold Trigger Finger's Avatar

Learning a new pic posting site. Bisley 45

I hope they come out the correct size.
    You are being watched.

Its a work in progress
    Last edited by Cold Trigger Finger; 09-08-2017 at 11:43 PM.
    You are being watched.

You are being watched.

Last edited by Cold Trigger Finger; 09-09-2017 at 12:19 AM.
    You are being watched.

Boolit Grand Master

Nice looking pics. What can you tell us about the spare cylinder. Is this one of the lipseys 45acp/45 colt stainless Bailey's?

Its the William's Shooters Supply , 5 1/2" Bisley Blackhawk 45 Colt/ACP convertible.
    I Really like it and find it to be kinda the ultimate General purpose outdoors man revolver. I know that is saying ALOT ! And I hope I've not offended anyone with the statement. As I live in a small community in eastern central Ak. Finding components to shoot isn't always easy. It probably isn't in many places.
    With the horsepower of Heavy 45 Colt loads like a 327 gr Mihec 45 Ruger cast @ 1200+ fps and the easy shooting 230 gr ball ammo of the 45 ACP in one gun. It really is a great gun imho.
    I know there are other revolvers that are very good for a variety of uses. This one just seems to make multi role easy , fun and I think very good looking
    All while being very affordable.
    You are being watched.

Boolit Buddy

Great pictures. I agree that it is a great general purpose revolver as well. Most every revolver of .40 cal and up can be a great general purpose as well depending on how they are loaded yours does it easily and there is something to be said for that.

Boolit Master

Mighty nice Bisley Glen. Great pictures too. If logging goes to heck theirs photography opportunity's a knockin.

Thanks . . the phone isn't as precise as a good 35 mm slr. But sometimes they work well.
    I know the Redhawk is available in 45 Colt and it can shoot ACP with moon clips. Which would be great.
    So far this one seems to be real accurate with ACP. And it's more accurate than I am with heavy 45 Colt.
    You are being watched.

Vendor Sponsor

Have you checked fitment in the throats with any of your boolits to see if they will go through the throats?
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Not yet. Mainly because I haven't done any casting with my Mihec mold. I also haven't measured them with my caliper yet. As soon as I made sure I could hit within a few inch of where I wanted to at about 60 feet Iceaaed accuracy testing , for the time being. I also want to do some accuracy testing with my 480 SRH . There's a lot I don't know about all this. My thot is to get an optic , probably a pistol scope and try both . I'll need a Wiegand base for the Bisley. Then if things are not good I was thinking to get hold of you. . With irons , I'm not a good enough shot to tell if it's me or the gun.
    You are being watched.

Boolit Master
    My friend has the same gun, and his cylinder throats are .451", not saying yours are though. Sizing at .451" has it grouping around 2" at 50 yards the last time I tried, good enough that I asked to bring it to the range where I can shoot off a real bench. I did put a 2# trigger on it, which is a real asset when trying to shoot groups. His shows real promise, I am sure yours will too