MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLee Precision
Snyders JerkyLoad DataInline FabricationReloading Everything
Wideners Repackbox

Thread: Herters Help

Herters Help

I found this Herters powder/shot measure in a junk shop and would like to use it if possible. Everything moves/works except for the small screw in bottom of shot metering cavity. Does anyone know how these were adjusted for powder and shot?
    For by grace are you saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast. Eph. 2:8,9

Boolit Master
    check with "Pressman" he is a mod he should know

Boolit Master
    The powder and shot cavity that are used for the actual measurements are filled with stacked washers. You pull washers out to increase volume and replace washers to decrease volume.

It's been over 5 years since I have looked at one; I believe the cavities are right below those adjustable screws. Just unscrew them all of the way out to reveal the cavities.
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

Boolit Master

IIRC it is a one at a time deal, charge with powder-remove to add wads/stuff then push lever in the other direction to charge with shot-remove to cap wad/crimp. I think LUBEDUDE is correct about he washers.

Thank you! The washers make perfect sense, however I think I will have to drill and tap the hole for a new hold down screw. This one just spins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    For by grace are you saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast. Eph. 2:8,9

Boolit Master

Can you get hoppers off? Might get at those pesky screws from the others side.

Quote Originally Posted by ascast View Post
    Can you get hoppers off? Might get at those pesky screws from the others side.
    Hoppers are easily removed, as is the drum. However, only one screw is visible, and that one is in the bottom of the shot side of drum. As is, it throws 45-46 grains of BP and 1.45 oz of shot.
    I tapped gently on the bottom of the powder chamber in the drum with a brass punch and only succeeded in denying the copper? bottom.