WidenersRotoMetals2Inline FabricationLoad Data
Reloading EverythingRepackboxTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Missing mail

We had a lady letter carrier years ago that would only deliver every other day if it was raining. Our current guy is great, but the guy who fills in for him fills out the "no one home" slips for packages with delivery confirmation. Several times I've seen him leave that slip without ever checking to see if someone was in fact home.

Boolit Master

Poppy you might want to do a canvas of your neighborhood to see if there is a pattern or just a lot of no deliveries. If so take the results to the Postal Inspector, and if there is no satisfaction go higher.
    Ole Jack
    "'Necesity' is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of Tyrants: it is the creed of slaves."
    William Pitt, 1783
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we faulter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." Abraham Lincoln.

Boolit Bub
    At my previous house, I had the constant problem of my mail some how being delivered at my neighbors mixed in with their mail. Not everything just a letter or magazine every so often. This was fine for awhile until the neighbor moved and a new neighbor moved in that never let me know if something came to them. I also at that same residence had issues with package thieves. A trail camera set up out of view finally caught them.

Boolit Grand Master

I have received incorrect address mail in the past and usually, it's a close neighbor so I hand deliver it. On at least a few occasions I've had my mail and or packages misdelivered as far as seven blocks away, and was notified to pick it up.
    You'll never know how much misdelivered mail is trashed at both ends.
    I live in the second block from the PO, and once took an additional bag of recyclables to the street before the truck came to collect. My recycle can was running over with sales fliers that were being delivered that day. Guess the mailman was in a hurry and that eliminated many stops.
    Considering how much junk mail is delivered, in addition to real mail, I'm astounded at the correct delivery of most of it.
    Last edited by mold maker; 09-09-2017 at 02:07 PM.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Grand Master

You can file complaints at www.govspot.com/complaint/postalservice.htm
    Every time you have a problem, complain loud and long . Everyone in the area should file complaints at every problem. These complaints go above the local postal peoples heads and they will soon have their superior's breathing down their necks, somebody will do something .

You shouldn't have to but a very simple solution is to open a box at the post office or at a mail center. The mail will be put in your box and no person on the street can get it.
    My wife works at a mail center, she picks all the mail up at the post office and it is put in customers mail center boxes. Packages are delivered and held safely for customers . The mail center is secure and is closer to the customers residences than the main post office . They do this just to avoid the problems you are having .

My daughter has a similar security problem, packages sometimes disappear or are left on the ground and in the rain . She now has them all sent to my house address in the city. She wasn't getting bills either so she now has set up a on-line way to pay them.

It seems like every year the postal service gets worse and worse....no way to run a railroad is it .

Good luck , complain loudly to the big guys , the squeaky wheel will get the grease if you keep at them.
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    I checked the link and it says to complain to local postmaster. Ben there done that. Left complaint on line was supposed to receive replay in 24 hours been 6 months and counting. I have been informed that you can complain to your congressman but mine thinks post office is best thing since sliced bread. Understand there is a congressional commitee you can complain to might try it. My best experience was when I mailed off bill payments and 2 weeks after they were mailed a neighbor 10 houses down brought them to me saying had been delivered that day. Credit card company more than doubled my interest rate for late payment. Just loved that one. They want to go to 5delivery days I wish the mail would come 5 days a week next door has security can that sees the street and the mail never comes every day.my old mail man refused to use mail box (on house and have to climb 3 steps to get on porch) just throws it on porch no roof rain wind did not matter. At least my fence usually fought most mail that blew away didn't do anything for rain . I just love the post office. When I hear a postal employ complain how hard they work I just laugh and say they are lucky they are not paid what they are worth they would starve.

Boolit Master
    Doing the PO box you still can get missed delivered mail. I had one for 4 yrs and had missed delivered mail many times. Usually the box numbers around your box. But not always. So no telling how many times mine was missed delivered to another box and that person just threw it away inside of handing it in to be redelivered.

Boolit Master

I found a sizeable of mail on our road that had been threw away by the mail carrier because she didn't want to deliver it.I gathered it up and carried it to the PO in town and haven't seen her on the route since.
    Are my kids/grandkids more important than "o"'s kids, to me they are,darn tooting they are!!! They deserve the same armed protection afforded "o"'s kids.
    I have been hoodwinked but not by"o"
    In God we trust,in "o" never trust
    Support those that support the Constitution and the 2nd Amendant

Boolit Grand Master

Since I don't follow sports I wouldn't notice that as a cause. The shooting sport does interfere with my mail reading, but who wants to read bills.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    Quote Originally Posted by DCP View Post

You will know if it got to your PO

https://informeddelivery.usps.com/bo...n_input.action

Well then, today was the 1st time there was missing mail. So I call the Post Office. Was told it would PROBABLY be here tomorrow.

Poor Wife, today is her birthday and no cards

This is what the website says. What a joke!

You may have more email than is shown here. To check, go to your Dashboard red arrow
    Mailpieces may arrive several days after you receive the notification. Please allow up to a week for delivery before reporting missing mail.Report missing mail red arrow
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by runfiverun View Post
    a post office box is less than 60$ a year.
    /\ THIS /\

As for notifying the postal inspectors, you can do that if you want but stolen mail is somewhere below overdue library books in terms of priority. They are NOT going to spend time on that.

Boolit Master
    I have had a ITHACA MAG - 10 LOST IN THE MAIL SYSTEM SINCE APRIL 14 - 2017. They found it at the ATLANTA, GA. mail - package recovery center. I was notified August 28 -2017, still no $ 705.00 shotgun returned . No September Verizon phone bill either. Paid late on line with daughters help. She handles the upgrades, packages, and all who are on my bill. Her and her brother are out on their own, but i pay that one. Told older sister was paying her cell phone as with a average of 28 minutes a month I needed to be able to reach her when I broke down in the back 20 or some where so I don't haft to walk.It could be worse I guess. Sister is also wandering around yard sales and secdh and can ask me about something I might want or need. Kind-aw handy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12