Snyders JerkyRepackboxLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionWideners
Reloading Everything RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Put my ole big guy down last night

Boolit Grand Master
    The down side of pure love is the loss. You had to have the love to experience the loss. We dog lovers all have to go through the same loss, but getting another, even though it will never replace the last one, adds to our lives with more love. Toughest thing I've had to do.

Sorry for your loss. They all go too soon. Our old man is now 16 and is creeping around, back bothering him something fierce and is slow to eat.
    I expect only a short time for him. Wife will be really upset as he's her dog. Give yourself a few months and go get another pup. Best remedy.
    You are not replacing him, Can't do that, just getting new dog.

Boolit Master

Sorry you lost a good friend and companion over the years I have had to put down a lot of pets never gets easier. The last was a cat that was with me for 20 years really hard to let her go. I have two cats now and a small dog one day I will lose them also, just the way life is with pets. Will I get another I am not sure as I am much older now, but they do give me a reason to see each new day as they never make life boring. No one can feel your pain, but we can all who have had to put down a pet understand how much it hurts.
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

Boolit Grand Master

Sorry for your loss.
    Take solace in the fact that you loved him, cared for him, gave him a good home and he had a good and happy life.
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Buddy
    It's really hard to lose a best friend! Memories are golden! Never forget your friends.
    Sorry for your loss of a good friend.

Boolit Master
    Sorry for your lost...
    Been there, done that...years later it still hurts.
    I miss a few old canine friends...hope I get to see them on the other side.

Boolit Master

I share your sorrow. Our dog is a ****zu, almost 14 and failing,but my daughter has a Newfie, her second. Someone already said they are all different. Tonka, the current Newfie is very different than Kota, the first. I swear that I can see the wheels turning when he looks at me.
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Moderator Emeritus

Putting down a beloved dog is the hardest thing I've ever done in my whole life. Bill, my Britany, was about 17 as nearly as I could figure, and he finally got to where he'd just lay there and whimper and squeal. I knew it was time, but could not do it, lest he "might" get better. But that wasn't to be. I know I did the right thing, but couldn't do it myself, so called the vet. I held him in my arms, crying, as the doc administered the shots. I still tear up just thinking about that wonderful dog. Still miss him, but I know I did the right thing for him. God allowed me his wonderful presence in my life a lot longer than he does for most dogs, so I can only thank Him for his Grace in that. Just another indication that nothing in our lives is "forever," and sooner or later, we must part with everything we know here. Knowing God's ways, I can only wonder how great Heaven will be, and what wonders await us there.

Some say that no animals have a soul, but I'm not entirely sure about that. Some seem to appropriate part of our souls, so if Bill and some other dogs I've had meet me in Heaven, I won't really be all that surprised. I think it'd be entirely appropriate for some of the dogs I've known and loved.

Sorry about your dog. I understand--I don't have a dog, but up until a week ago I had two cats. One, a little black female, developed diabetes, which took her quickly. I had her put down, and she went to her maker gracefully, like the queen she was. She's up there sitting on God's knee, watching your dog check in at the Rainbow Bridge. At some point, we will all see our pets again up there. Take care, friend.

Boolit Master

Nothing like a big dog, we have 2 Great Pyrenees and a Newf pup that is almost 7 months old (90lbs, going to be a big one). They don't live as long as the smaller breed but they make up for it with the size of their love. Ours love the grandkids, and the teenage daughters. DO NOT mess with them when Jackson is in the room, he is VERY protective and will also keep their parents from going up stairs, even if the grandkids are up there as he knows they don't belong up there lol.

I would encourage you to get another, I'm sure your big boy would want that, he needs another one to watch out for you and yours.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12