RotoMetals2Graf & SonsStainLess Steel MediaLee Precision
ADvertise hereMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Global Warming and of Climate Change

Boolit Master
    My take on global warming as it can be caused by mankind..............

On a very limited, very localized basis, man can cause environmental warming. A few examples...........

1. Take a 1000 acre tract of forest and clear it to the bare dirt. It will be warmer there because the sun can reach the ground.
    2. Any inner city will be warmer because of all the concrete and steel absorbing and reflecting the heat of the sun. If you could magically snap your fingers and make all of that manmade construction disappear, no doubt it would cool down at that location.
    3. Any site of a huge parking lot will be notably warmer than the same location was before said parking lot was built.
    4. Temperatures along a busy interstate highway may be warmer because of the concrete and the heat generated by the passing vehicles.

All of these examples are very localized and are caused by man. The key is the word "localized". As far as globally......it's a drop in the bucket.

Boolit Master

Yes. A drop in a bucket, with a hole in both ends. In other words, a non-contained environment, open to all influences, but non the less localized.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Master
    When I consider man's activities since the beginning of the industrial age, and when I consider the size of the world's population, and when I consider that the rest of world(besides us)makes no effort to control pollution, then I think that the probability is high that man's activities over time will affect climate. I'm not informed enough to speculate further by giving details.

Boolit Master

When compared to natures polutions such as volcanoes and wildfires, mans contribution is totally insignificant.

Moderator Emeritus

Mold Maker, that's a great insight that most folks forget. We seem, as a people, to be conditioned to think of things on the basis of what the "pop culture" and media give us, rather than doing our OWN thinking, really. And in so doing, we only wind up having the "sensational" stories to use in making up our minds and opinions. This is really unfortunate, when we have SO incredible much knowledge and data with which to contend, if only we'll just look a little deeper into these type propositions.

"Pop culture" and the sensational media have "dumbed us down" so very, very much, that it's a wonder we're still a "successful culture" at all, I sometimes think! We tend strongly to think as we WANT to think, and we've nearly abandoned totally the real process of accumulating data and facts BEFORE forming our opinions. And that can and will be the downfall of any culture that attaches itself to such wistful and wishful types of thinking.

The passage of time clouds our memories, but even so, we DO remember the BIG things from our youth. What I saw as a kid, growing up, was a people who gathered all available facts BEFORE forming an opinion or taking an action. This is NOT just my imagination or "selective memory." I grew up in a largely farming community, and farmers are (or at least tended to be then) a very hard-nosed people when it came to making decisions that could litarally make or break them! And the world around them HAD to conform to their rationality, or they'd make it do so.

But today, there is MUCH wistful and wishful "thinking" masquerading as "rationality." Many make millions off of leading us astray, and they also gain power and control. And all because we don't really THINK any more, but just "hold opinions," and those opinions are basically totally shaped by ONLY the facts that those who wish to control us WANT us to have! This isn't leading us anywhere good! It simply CANNOT! But .... away we go, and I see no real end to the machinations and trickery of those who'd control us, and dominate and use us like literal slaves, in the end. I will likely not see those days, and I'm glad I won't. I'm also ashamed I haven't done more to slow or stem the tide of this seemingly unstoppable process. God forgive me. I am truly sorry.

The insulated state in which nature has placed the American continent should so far avail it that no spark of war kindled in the other quarters of the globe should be wafted across the wide oceans which separate us from them." -- Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by mold maker View Post
    When compared to natures polutions such as volcanoes and wildfires, mans contribution is totally insignificant.
    Yes sir! The climate is always changing here in my part of the woods year after year but that doesn't mean I should be taxed any more for it.
    And I surely am not going to believe any story the govt owned main stream news media is going to spin to limit my rights or control my activities now or later. (can you say hoax?)

Boolit Master

The Global Warming/Cooling/Static and were gonna die Alarmist have a new Scientific Report to worry about:

https://www.investors.com/politics/e...itrogen-rocks/

Basically the author is stating that the amount of Nitrogen contained in the earths crust/soil has not been accounted for associated with Plant Conversion of CO2. Of course, from my perspective since there is 78.09% nitrogen, 20.95% oxygen, 0.93% argon, 0.04% carbon dioxide in the atmosphere; there probably is NO PROBLEMO in plants finding a source of Nitrogen for conversion process of C02. Plants have been extracting Nitrogen from the soil for a few Million or more years (Depending on when Natures Creator actually initiated things).
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Boolit Master

I'll bet God isn't surprised by anything that happens. Why do some of us try to take credit for what happens naturally? After all, it only took him 6 days to create and only a day to observe and approve of it with time left to rest..........

Moderator Emeritus

I believe, and strongly so, that "climate change" is nothing more than a hoax intended to enable those who'd lord over all of us, to gain yet more power and influence and control over us. The planet's climate has always changed, and gone through cycles. I learned that way back in the very early 60's and late 50's! But as Goebels said, "Repeat something loudly enough and often enough, and no matter how implausible it may be, people will come to accept it as truth." I think that's what's going on here. And if any people have been more susceptible than "modern man" to accepting things without doing our own thinking and research first, I have no clue who those folks might have been, or when in history they might have lived.

God gave us a mind and a set of emotions. Physically, our emotions are centered in the brain stem, or "old brain." That is surrounded and nearly encapsulated by MUCH thicker layers of gray matter that are directed at helping us THINK. Even the brain's physical structure seems to be telling us we're intended to use our thought processes MUCH more than our emotions, but many in our world today, can't or won't or don't differentiate between the two processes. Real, legitimate, rational thinking seems to be going the way of the dodo bird. And that CANNOT lead us to anywhere good! But it seems the direction we're headed in nevertheless. God help us! We've been given such a wondrous brain. It's such a shame we don't use it more!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123