Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataWidenersRotoMetals2
Lee Precision Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ruger!

Boolit Grand Master
    I have come close a couple different times to snagging an LCR--the only thing stopping me is how poorly my big ham hands manipulate small revolvers like J-frame S&Ws without aftermarket grips that kinda defeat the purpose of a small revolver with their length and bulk. The ones I have fired (both dry- and live-) had GREAT triggers, all were 38 Specials. I don't think I want one in 357 Magnum, not using Magnum ammo at least. These are wildly popular with our deputies as back-up and off-duty arms. Aesthetically, they sure aren't Colt Pythons--but Glocks aren't Renaissance-grade Browning Hi-Powers, either, and that doesn't affect their utility one bit.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Grand Master
    I hate the loss of craftsmanship in most things today, but enjoy the costs of mass produced, serviceable, tools. The important stuff gets more attention and upgrades to make 'em right. The pride of work product that seems to have existed in so many industries in the past has been replaced by bean counter pressures and the bottom line. One thing I do like, however, is my Ruger LCP .380. It's a plastic tool that sees rough handling everyday and works remarkably well. Cleaned & oiled as needed and I've never had a malfunction. It is what it is. Not in the same league as my old Smith's & Colts.

Boolit Master

I worked for Ruger as a CNC operator in their Prescott, AZ plant for a few months in between careers.

Their attitude towards quality is abysmal. It's a miracle they produce the occasional flaw free firearm at all (say that three times fast...).

I want to like them, but the QC horror stories and things I witnessed have dissuaded me from giving them any more business. Same with S&W. Both companies have let their standards slip the last few years in order to meet demand. I can wait a few more years for it to get back to acceptable levels before I give them any more of my hard-earned money.

Boolit Master

Last edited by Three-Fifty-Seven; 04-28-2020 at 10:20 AM.
    John 3: 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Boolit Master
    Three-Fifty-Seven;
    I really like my new Match Champion, but like some of the other posters, I found that the trigger, while nice, needed some light stoning when I had it apart to clean a few machining leftovers out of it. The trigger is some better now, but I am going to invest in a set of springs, and stone some more when I take it down to install them.

The front sight is still not flush with the barrel, and despite the warnings of breakage, it seems a rather small thing, so, I'm about ready to say "Oh, well!", just shoot, and enjoy it. Life is too short to put up with incessant back-and-forth with Mother Ruger, but, should this reach the refund level, I will go with a Smith 686, even if I do dislike the lock!

I did email the CEO, expressing my concerns and displeasure with a gun that cost the better part of $1,000, and although he says he reads every one of his messages, I suspicion that his correspondence will be "sanitized" by one of his "bright young people". But, such is the business world nowadays!

Boolit Master

Last edited by Three-Fifty-Seven; 04-28-2020 at 10:12 AM.
    John 3: 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12