Lee PrecisionLoad DataInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Repackbox

Thread: Look at this mold from Accurate for me please.

Boolit Buddy

Look at this mold from Accurate for me please.

I have a Browning 1892 in .44 Remington Magnum, and am in the process of picking the perfect mold for it.
    This one looks great to me:

The nose length is right, has a big grease groove for a 20" long barrel.

Anyone use this one before? Thanks!

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    Are you SURE that your Browning '92 will FEED this bullet?

I use this bullet in my .44-40 with black powder and it has LOTS of lube capacity. When you order Tom could add a GC heel to the base, which would increase the OAL by about 0.090" and bump the weight to about 260 grains.

Attachment 203560
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

I like Outpost's bullet better. Don't know if the Browining would feed your bullet but 230 grains is plenty for almost any event. I would not bother with a gas check, though. Make the bullet a nice plain base and you will be good to 1700-1900 fps with out messing with the gas check.
    To paraphrase Ronald Reagan, the trouble with many shooting experts is not that they're ignorant; its just that they know so much that isn't so.

Banned

the Browning I have won't feed anything over the normal saami 1.610 length.
    not 611 not 612... 610 period.
    the good news is it will feed anything shorter, and any nose style I want, but it better not be over 1.610 in length.
    I would just make the drive bands slightly longer [closer together] to decrease the lube capacity and gain some weight/bearing length on Outposts boolit. [you only need like .2grs of lube capacity]
    the lever guns don't need a gas check even with H-110 shoving them down the barrel
    I would also increase the diameter so I could size to 431.

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks guys. I slugged this barrel and it's .4305". I'll probably do .432" on bullet size. Just got in a Saeco .431" sizer (that's the biggest they offer for .44) and will hone it out to .432".

I think I'll go ahead and keep a gas check on mine. I'm not as good as most of you here that run plain base bullets at magnum pressures. This bullet would mostly be for hunting a hog or two during deer season.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Outpost75 View Post
    Are you SURE that your Browning '92 will FEED this bullet?

I don't know. I think it will. I *did* have a problem with the carrier holding the nose of the bullet too high and jamming it into the top edge of the chamber. I took the gun apart and did some work on the carrier now it aims the nose of the bullet dead center into the chamber.

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    Normal tolerance as-cast is +0.002" max. from the drawing. You can expect +0.001" as normal, +0.002" if you add a bit of tin to your wheelweights.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Banned

good point.^^^
    make damn sure you e-mail Tom [he don't hear to well]
    and have him walk you through the ordering process to get what you want if you click on the order button and have +.002 in a box somewhere you will get +,002 on top of what you ask for.

so make sure you order what you want, because he will make what you order.

Boolit Buddy
    I've ordered quite a few molds from Tom already. For me, with WW, they usually cast .003" -.004" over what I order them as. So I would probably order this one as a .431", it'll cast .434" , and I'll size to .432".

Boolit Buddy
    Tom at Accurate kindly (and quickly) modified his 43-255B specs to shorten the nose length from .330" down to .315", which should feed just fine in my Browning B92.

43-250G

Boolit Mold
    I am planning of buying the same mold but I am sure about the measurement.

Boolit Master
    That bullet looks good to me, as long as it feeds for you. My Cowboy would choke on it. My Cowboy is set up for 1.710 and will feed a WFN like that at that COL. It feeds Elmer's 250K perfectly. Levers can be fussy. I would try to get some samples to try first. The bullet Outpost75 shows should feed in any 44 cal.

I need .433 bullets for this rifle, too.

Boolit Buddy
    I'm sure it'll feed. I ran about 10 .44 Special cartridges through this gun before that were loaded with wadcutters. Fed fine.

I'm going to make a point to cast some of these up tomorrow and assemble some loads.

Banned

excellent.

a lot of guy's don't realize that the cartridge itself becomes part of the maschinery in the lever guns and especially in the 92 types.
    their length and bullet weight/shape influences how well they feed and at what speed they feed.
    the side of the nose is supposed to just about bounce off the roof of the chamber to guide the case into place.

Boolit Buddy
    Bullets from the 250-G mold above. Loaded round is 1.594". Feeds perfect in my Browning/Miroku 1892.

Last edited by Greg G; 11-07-2017 at 12:56 AM.