Inline FabricationLoad DataWidenersReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2RepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bubba strikes again - Super Blackhawk rear sight restoration, need help please

Boolit Master
    Glad it worked out. After removing a handful of screws that had been green loc-titened, I'll tell you that stuff is a cast iron S.O.B. to remove if it was properly applied and fully cured.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Boolit Grand Master

We weld mill and re tap as the best solution. If I used a plug I would set it with sleeve bearing compound.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by JSnover View Post
    Glad it worked out. After removing a handful of screws that had been green loc-titened, I'll tell you that stuff is a cast iron S.O.B. to remove if it was properly applied and fully cured.
    Someone in our USPSA club had an open gun with an upright C-More mount and he wanted it changed to the lay-down mount. The original installer put the little bitty flat head socket head screws in with green Locktite. With only a 1/16" Allen wrench to remove them those suckers were not coming out. I clamped the frame into the milling machine and had to drill the center of each screw out with a 1/16" bit. That took them out almost to the minor diameter of the threads and they were then easily removed.

Quote Originally Posted by KCSO View Post
    We weld mill and re tap as the best solution. If I used a plug I would set it with sleeve bearing compound.
    Agreed, welding, milling and refinishing is the best solution. Unfortunately it far exceeded the owner's budget. The bushing had a firm interference fit by the time it was screwed in fully and I'm comfortable that it is a permanent solution. I was doing this for a fellow Hunter Education instructor and friend so I didn't want to try to force him to spend more than he was comfortable with. We're in an area that was hit very hard with the last oilfield crash and a lot of people are still underemployed.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12