WidenersRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Load DataRepackboxInline FabricationLee Precision
Snyders Jerky Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TiteWad for .38 special and 45 acp?

Banned

bulls-eye shows up as slower than red-dot in many instances.

titegroup is a shot shell powder.
    it is basically the commercial equivalent of the powder used in the Remington Nitro Gold shot shells.
    I shoot almost all of my titegroup in shot shell applications, I like it better than clay's.

Boolit Master
    Which is odd considering the Bullseye shotgun loads have less powder in them for the same pressure as Red Dot..

Yes, there is 12 gauge shotgun data for Bullseye.. in 3/4 and 7/8 ounce loads. Though you need to look at older manuals to get at that data since Alliant now lists "Extra-Light" for that load data.

Titewad is similar to Clays in speed. In fact there are a number of 12 gauge shotshell recipes that have equal performance with equal charges of Clays or Titewad.

Titewad is good for low recoil/low velocity loads in handguns because it burns very fast and builds up full pressure without driving the bullet very fast. That's why you don't want to try to push the loads to 'normal' velocities, you'll go over safe pressure limits. For most pistol applications, 2.5-3.0g is enough for low recoil loads.

Boolit Master
    Hodgdon has a small amount of data for 9mm and 45 ACP for Tite Wad. I use the 3.3 grains under both Lee's 230 RN and 230 TC The TC shoots better than I can hold. It is a very fast powder, makes 19400 PSI and only gives app 770 FPS SAMMI for the 45 ACP is 23000 That the load is not taken higher says somehthing about the nature of the powder. I personally would NOT use it with verifiable pressure tested data form Hodgdon or a bullet maker. I think is at least as fast as Accurate Arms Nitro 1000.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12