Load DataWidenersRotoMetals2Repackbox
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best GC installation

Boolit Bub
    I tried tapping checks on with a mallet before running them through the sizing die when I started out. In my admittedly limited experience it was tedious and inconsistent. Now I just hold the check under the bullet base as I run it into the NOE sizing die, letting go when the bullet first touches the die. The check has enough play between the sizing rod and the bullet base to line itself up properly and then the force of sizing the bullet seats the check before it enters the die.

Boolit Master
    Yes ewlyon, that is the same way the Star is used, the only difference being that the Star is pushing them down instead of up so you set the check on top of the bullet (I like to poke the bullet down just below the top of the size die before placing the check). And then you can go ahead and lube 'em with the same stroke.

Boolit Master
    Run thru an upside down Lee sizing die with a 1/2 ton arbor press fron Harbor Freight. The Lee die sets on top of a fat big washer on the shelf of the arbor press. The cast bullets have been previously been powder coated. The powder coat and the gas check results in zero lead and a very clean barrel after a lot of rounds being fired in the gun.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bstone5 View Post
    Run thru an upside down Lee sizing die with a 1/2 ton arbor press fron Harbor Freight. The Lee die sets on top of a fat big washer on the shelf of the arbor press. The cast bullets have been previously been powder coated. The powder coat and the gas check results in zero lead and a very clean barrel after a lot of rounds being fired in the gun.
    Upside down Lee press? With cupped punches? Just use the Star!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12