WidenersLoad DataInline FabricationReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox Lee Precision

Thread: CZ 527 scope suggestions requested

Boolit Master

CZ 527 scope suggestions requested

I have centered on the CZ 527 American and Carbine in .221 Fireball, .223, 7.62 Russian and maybe a Grendel eventually. They preform and fit me very well. I have a set of detachable rings in 30mm and can use plastic inserts to reduce the diameter to 1 inch if desired.

The goal is to put one high quality scope in the rings and move the assembly from rifle to rifle.

I am mostly a plinker or off the bench to mostly 100 yards and sometimes 200 yards. The goal is mostly small groups and the process that goes into getting them. The problem is to find a small scope that weighs little and does not look huge of what is mostly a small rifle or carbine. The odd situtation of something useful for punching small groups and also small enough to not weigh down the rifle.

My budget can grow. The mistake of buying cheap and crying every time equipment is used rather than crying one time when you buy it is not foreign to me. Further I am of the view that the world would look brighter and prettier if a person naturally came with Lica quality optics for their eyes. Fine optics are almost as pleasurable as a fine rifle to me. Leupold is about the least acceptable. 3x9 could work. 4x12 is better if the scope doesn't grow too much larger. Perfect would be 4x20 in a compact scope. I can dream for the impossible. One scope four or five applications and save the money over buying 4 or 5 lesser scopes rather than 1 great one.

There are rifles I want, but the money is going for this scope. Something that provides pleasure every time I look though it and marvel over the optics is what I want to finally get for myself. Don't need fancy reticles. Need quality.

I am sort of stumped and looking at catalogues.

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    I know a pretty opinionated precision gun smith that is hooked on Vortex for dollars to value .

A real surprise to me was a Leatherwood branded scope . It is inexpensive and it feels inexpensive . It is a very clean bright optic .
    It hasn't been abused but it has 200 or so rounds of 7x6.8 Rem under it and been on a hog hunt .
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Master
    I run a lot of cheap scopes but I don't fiddle with the turrets much. I sight it in and don't mess with it until something changes.

BTW I like Vortex brand stuff very well also!

Three44s

Boolit Master
    I bought the Weaver Kaspa 1x4x24 for my CZ 7.62x39. It's bright, great field of view and enough magnification for the round. I also bought the NEGC receiver sight for it, much too be said for them.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody View Post
    I bought the Weaver Kaspa 1x4x24 for my CZ 7.62x39. It's bright, great field of view and enough magnification for the round. I also bought the NEGC receiver sight for it, much too be said for them.
    I think this scope is now Chinese manufactured. This morning I read China says it will back North Korea if the US attacks it first. I am not buying things, if at all possible, from anywhere that helps North Korea have time to develop capabilities to strike the USA with a nuke.

The NEGC is on my lost of things to get. Did it work well with the front sight height of the front sight supplied by CZ?

Boolit Master
    I don't know why you would have a hard time picking out a scope for your rifle.
    Leupold makes the compact 3X9 Rimfire scope with the extended focusing capability on the objective.
    SKU 110827

I have the Leupold compact 3X9 scope without the EFR on my 527 Hornet and it is an excellent scope.

An older Leupold scope that is compact and excellent is the Leupold Alaskan series. They still show up new in the box on ebay at exorbitant prices. They are 7/8" tube scopes and were only offered in 3 magnifications - 2.5X, 4X and 6X. These scopes were released right at the beginning of the super high tech 30mm intra-stellar non-portable super ugly German scope craze. They were instantly out of fashion with the kiddie, snob and black rifle crowds and though they were an excellent product they line failed in the market place.
    Last edited by EDG; 09-11-2017 at 10:47 PM.
    EDG

Boolit Master
    IMO the 2-7 leupold vx2's and vx3's are hard to beat, small, light, depenable with plenty magnification for hunting most things, and they are reasonable price