Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionReloading Everything
WidenersLoad DataRepackboxRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading

Thread: 310 extractor assembly

310 extractor assembly

Hi all,
    Was wondering if any of you know if the extractor on a small alloy 310 handle is the same as the large 310 handle? Just got a small handle with missing extractor assembly. I don't have a large handle to cross reference. Thanks for the info.

Boolit Master

IIRC these extractors are the same, the only difference in the two handles is the area where the die is screwed in.
    Scott

You can easily judge the character of others by how they treat those who they think can do nothing for them.

Thanks for the reply, where would you suggest I go for parts?

Lyman still makes the tool so you could start with calling them and do a search. I'm sure you should be able to find some parts.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Just took a quick look at mine and they appear to be the same. I also have a set of alloy handles that have a broken extractor - I got them in a batch of stuff quite a while ago and since I already had a set, I just put them away to "take care of later". Later hasn't come yet. LOL Let us know what you find out please as I'm sure you and I are not the only ones that have run across this. If Lyman isn't any help - you might check the 310 shop - I just never got around to doing any checking on it. Good luck!

Boolit Master

Lyman was out of replacement parts a year ago when I called, give them a call maybe they have stock now.

I would also post in "Helping Hands", you might get someone there with some bit and pieces lying around.
    Scott

You can easily judge the character of others by how they treat those who they think can do nothing for them.

Boolit Grand Master
    The last time this topic came up I dug out my set of broken handles and sent the hook to whoever was having this same problem at that time. Hopefully somebody else has just such a broken set to help you out now, assuming that Lyman hasn't gotten around to restocking their parts bin.

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

I just sent the 310 shop an email. I'm leaving in the morning and will have no cell or internet till the 12th. I'll let you guys know what they have to say when I get back.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Green Frog View Post
    The last time this topic came up I dug out my set of broken handles and sent the hook to whoever was having this same problem at that time. Hopefully somebody else has just such a broken set to help you out now, assuming that Lyman hasn't gotten around to restocking their parts bin.

Froggie
    That would be me

That's why I suggested the Helping Hands forum ....
    Scott

I don't want to minimize the effort required but it appears that it could be readily whittled out of a bit of 1/4" alum or perhaps better, brass stock --

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Pavogrande View Post
    I don't want to minimize the effort required but it appears that it could be readily whittled out of a bit of 1/4" alum or perhaps better, brass stock --
    I'm an old toolmaker and made quite a few small tools in my 20+ years, neither aluminum or brass would last very long for this application, would it work in a pinch ??? Yes, but my guess is the "hook" would be worn out after a box or two sizing.

Scott
    Scott

Boolit Master

Give Brassmagnet a shout out, he may have an old "Broken" set of handles lying about .....
    Scott