Lee PrecisionRepackboxReloading EverythingLoad Data
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders Jerky Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Retirement Gift - Semper Fi

Retirement Gift - Semper Fi

Yesterday, I officially retired from the Marine Corps - 25 years. My time in the Marines was great and I will surely miss it.

My last assignment was supporting the fleet at a Program Office. I worked with mostly a bunch of civilians and contractors with just a few military members in the office (only one other Marine and a handful of sailors). Normally, Marines all chip in and get a going away gift or retirement gift for those departing. Since there weren't a bunch of active duty Marines there, the retired Marines all chipped in and decided to take care of me with a great retirement gift. They got me the below pictured pistol. It is a Rock Island 1911. They also got a reproduction WWII belt and holster to carry it in along with the custom grips. The other side of the grip has a personalized message engraved in it.

My wife had the wooden ammo crate made for me with images of some of my shooting medals. My friends knew me well enough to know that giving me a retirement plaque or shadow box wasn't befitting of my personality. I'm not too sentimental in that way. They got me the pistol knowing that I am an avid shooter and that it would be something that I'd use.
    Nice stuff that I thought I'd share.

Boolit Master
    OUTSTANDING!

Congrats on your retirement! I wish ya well in your future endeavors, and hope you find happiness in whatever ya decide to do from now on!

Semper Fidelis!
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master
    Excellent! That your co-workers cared enough to do this speaks volumes about your character and personality! Enjoy your retirement gift.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Boolit Grand Master

Congratulations! And Thanks for your service.

Banned
    Dido on what lightman said.

Banned

I salute you sir!! thank you!!!!

Boolit Master
    Thank you for your service. that is a great retirement gift, and a testimony how much you were appreciated by your fellow Marines.

Boolit Master

Wow!

Much nicer and far more useful than my shadow box!

Fair winds and following seas!

Awesomesauce!

Semper Fi Sir! <Salute> I'm no marine, but I thank you for your service.

You and all of those like you who stood on the wall to keep me and my country safe.

Wear that gun out, shoot the living daylights out of it. Enjoy it, well earned I think.

Boolit Master

May BLUE skys follow you
    Well done, well done
    I like the box, it is personal and well depicted.
    Mike
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Boolit Buddy
    Awesome. Congratulations on your retirement, and thank you for your service!

Boolit Buddy

congrats, great gifts
    NRA Life Member
    Member Florida Carry
    Founding member/moderator COTEP

Thanks for the photos of your gifts, and for your service to our nation. I hope you enjoy a long and peaceful retirement.

Boolit Master

that beats the heck out of a watch! congrats on the retirement.

Boolit Master
    Thank you so much for your service.My son has 8 years in the Marines he has a way to go.

Boolit Master

Thank you for your service. Enjoy your retirement.
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

I hope your retirement will be as good to you as your service. That is a wonderful gift and as the years go by will be a treasure close to your heart. Keep it clean and lubed as you were taught in the Corp.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Boolit Master

Congratulations, great parting gift. Doesn't get much better than that.
    Hold center & keep your powder dry!
    Semper Fi!

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Congrats on your retirement - thank you for your service - and I hope you and your wife have many years of enjoyment after the service you have given to us all.

I wasn't in the service but my good friend, who was like a second Dad to me, was in the Corps and served in the Pacific during WWII. I always enjoyed his stories and if there is one thing that I learned from him, you might retire or be discharged from the Marines - but you will ALWAYS be a Marine - and that's a "badge of honor" that you have so just earned!

If he were here today, I know his first reply to you would be "Semper Fi"! Good luck to you!

Moderator Emeritus

Great gift for a great person.....thanks for your service!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast