MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLoad DataLee Precision
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingWideners
Repackbox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If I Have A Couple Hundred Pieces of 44 Mag Brass

If I Have A Couple Hundred Pieces of 44 Mag Brass

Bought a 5 gal bucket of unsorted brass at scrap value a couple of weeks ago. Got around to sorting it, and it was mostly 308, 223, 45 ACP, and 38 Spl. There were a few hundred pieces of 44 Mag and 44 Special in there too.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but if you have more than 200 pieces of brass for a gun you don't own you have to buy something chambered for it, right?

Boolit Master
    Yes, unless it's .41 mag. You can send those directly to me.

Quote Originally Posted by 308Jeff View Post
    Now correct me if I'm wrong, but if you have more than 200 pieces of brass for a gun you don't own you have to buy something chambered for it, right?
    I believe that to be true. It has worked out that way for me a couple of times now.
    Please don't send me a box of brass that I don't have a gun for. I can't afford to buy another gun right now.

Boolit Buddy

Why do you ask a question for which you already have the answer? Rhetorical, right?

Ditto: I had to buy a pistol because I had picked up so many .45 ACP cases.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 308Jeff View Post
    Bought a 5 gal bucket of unsorted brass at scrap value a couple of weeks ago. Got around to sorting it, and it was mostly 308, 223, 45 ACP, and 38 Spl. There were a few hundred pieces of 44 Mag and 44 Special in there too.

My question is how do you make it to this late date without at least one .44Special, let alone no .44Magnum handguns?

You really need to rectify that situation.

Boolit Master

O yes been there. It works with other hobbies too. Like rounding up parts to build another race engine just because you have a great set of premium connecting rods laying around.

Banned
    It's a sign from the gun gods. You don't want to anger them.
    Now you must choose how you will appease them.
    My vote is RSBH Barrel Length: 7.50"
    What happens to me is a friend buys dies and a mold for me to load a caliber I don't own, then I just don't feel right having a loading setup for a gun I don't own and have to rectify the matter.

Boolit Master

There are other ways for this syndrome to be manifest. Years ago, when few others seemed to care about them, I would buy tang sights at gun shows. Thus, I had a Lyman 30 1/2 wind gauge tang sight for the Savage 99, new in the box, with papers and screws.

It became lonely, would rattle the family with sad tears in the night. This must not stand, sayeth I. So, when a factory refurbished 1899 take-down carbine in 30 WCF appeared in the local, I paid the $275 and carried it home to be married to the sight. Tears, still, but of bliss.

All is well.

Boolit Master

everyone should have a 44 mag, fun plinkers.

North Central Montana; across the wide Missouri
    Except in the case of 45 Auto Rim...........then you have your 45 A.C.P. cylinder on your Ruger BH convertible machined to allow the AR cases to headspace. mmmmmhhhuuummm...it is so!!

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    You don't need 200 pieces to do it. A fellow was in our office one day and was looking through his pockets for something and produced a 45-70 bullet among his finds and I stopped him and asked what that was. Well, he told me about his rifle and he gave me that bullet. It was just a factory Remington round, but it so impressed me that I kept it, and several years later I bought a JM Guide gun, just so I would finally have something that would shoot that bullet, because as you know, you don't just throw good bullets away.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Boolit Buddy
    I've acquired 100 pieces of 41 Mag brass, a set of RCBS dies and just got a NOE 4 cavity mold 412-237 SWC,which was my first autographed mold! Now need to find a Ruger SBH Hunter in a Bisley grip!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Nueces View Post
    There are other ways for this syndrome to be manifest. Years ago, when few others seemed to care about them, I would buy tang sights at gun shows. Thus, I had a Lyman 30 1/2 wind gauge tang sight for the Savage 99, new in the box, with papers and screws.

It became lonely, would rattle the family with sad tears in the night. This must not stand, sayeth I. So, when a factory refurbished 1899 take-down carbine in 30 WCF appeared in the local, I paid the $275 and carried it home to be married to the sight. Tears, still, but of bliss.

All is well.
    O, mercy.....what a beautiful story....sniff snuffle....where's my hanky.... hooonnnk....sniff... just beautiful....
    Got something stuck in my eye..... sniff.....

Boolit Buddy
    Gotta love those unwritten rules.

'Scuse me but I need to go count my 30 carbine brass again.

Boolit Buddy
    That's how I ended up with my 480. A guy had a bunch of Starline 45 Colt brass for sale. I was buying it and noticed he had 400 rounds of nickle Speer once fired 480 for a ridiculously low price. I thought what the heck. It can't hurt to grab that and keep it just in case. Two weeks later Cabelas had a new Bisley for sale with a minor cosmetic flaw drastically reduced. Yes, it came home with me.
    Only left handed guns are interesting!

Destiny is speaking to you; She says you need a .44.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Boolit Master

It works that same way with dies.

I took possession of a set of .41Mag dies in some forgotten trade many years ago. I moved them from shelf to shelf, wondering why I even had them, as I had no 41 Mag to reload for.

I went to the big Wannenmacher show in Tulsa last year, and an unconverted 3-screw Blackhawk, in 41 Mag, followed me home.....

Quote Originally Posted by Nueces View Post

All is well.
    My problem was when I bought a stripper clip for A SMLE, dang if one of those rifles didn't follow me home a couple of years later.

Boolit Master
    why did you wait so long? one box should have been the tipping point.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast