PBcastcoRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
RepackboxWidenersLee PrecisionLoad Data
Titan Reloading Reloading Everything

Thread: NOE RD-TL255-50-RF (25acp)

NOE RD-TL255-50-RF (25acp)

6 already signed 4 more and this one goes forward. Any interested? Thanks.
    http://noebulletmolds.com/smf/index....ic,1897.0.html

3 more... c'moon

Bump up. Still 3 more.

Dear Santa....Bump

Boolit Master
    Now need Just two more to sign up!

Boolit Master
    I talked to Al at NOE this morning via telephone.
    I asked him about adding the RD TL255-65-RF design to the NOE repertory and possibly Adding it as a 'piggyback' on this group buy.

Reason: I am working with CF conversions of old RF cartridges and the .25 Stevens (Long) Rf cartridge used a 67 grain Bullet of the SAME diameters as the RD .25ACP bullets in Barrels sized the SAME as .25ACP barrels in Bore and Groove diameters.

Al said he would review the two RD drawings and see if he could revise the form tool to cut BOTH sized Cavities under the NC machining program.

I have High Hopes again!

Best Regards,
    Chev. William
    Last edited by Chev. William; 01-11-2018 at 02:21 AM.

How long would it be to production when the tenth sign up happens?
    Then to required payment. Or is payment required prior to production?
    Haven't followed these group buys so please bear with me and my questions.
    Thanks.

There is some kind timeline...When got 10 there will be notificatioin to Al then it goes last call and then mill. Hard to say exact time. Depends how busy Al is. You get notification for payment. No need to advance payment.

Not worried about advance payment as long as I can schedule it,ie. month or two notice.
    I just have to have a fairly accurate estimate of when that expense will occur.
    I have fairly close knit monthly income/expense plan and cannot work on uncertainty.
    I think I'll be best served by waiting and see what comes out as potential inventory item.
    Thanks for information.

When buy goes last call it won't take 2 month to go mill.

Boolit Master
    There are Now a full ten molds spoken for on the Noe forum.
    Yea!
    Chev. William

Banned
    Chev, if you ever decide to reload 25 Stevens rimfire cases let me know. I reload 22 long rifle and would love to expand into larger rimfire. The obvious problem is that, where does one get rim fire cases for other than 22 caliber.

Boolit Master
    For "Short" or possibly "Long" cases you could try Powder tool Loads in ".27 Cal" as they are slightly undersize diameter but will fire in a .25 Stevens RF rifle.
    you most likely would need to use a "Heeled" bullet in these undersized cases.

My own experiments are in Centerfire Conversion cases and Rimfire Adapter cases that us e a.22 RF blank in a Swaged down and drilled/reamed .22 hornet case to make replacements for the .25Stevens Long cartridge. These can be used with a .22RF breech block/firing pin tip location as long as you relieve the adapter case rim to clear the firing pin tip overlap.
    Having the firing pin tip impact on the brass rim without a relief tends to give poor Ignition.

I also tried using Hobby telescoping brass tubing to make a Adapter between .25 Cal PTL blanks an da .250" FMJ bullet to fire in my rifle with less than desired results: the Bullet exited the barrel but the Rimfire blank also moved and ballooned with the Breech end of the tubing belled out to closely fit the tapered chamber and eroded breech end of the chamber.

I had to use a cleaning rod and jag with a patch to push the tube out of the chamber as there was nothing for the extractor to 'grab on'. I decided that was too much trouble for Range Enjoyment.

A Second trial with Lead bullet had the tube 'case' mouth crimp remain after the bullet exited the Barrel with a bit less 'bell of the breech End but still needed the Patched jag to extract the fired case as the blank extracted without bringing the tube case with it.

Perhaps the .17 Winchester Super Magnum Rimfire could be used but i believe the costs would be more than I would like.

'Ammoguide interactive' drawing of the .17WSM RF Case/Cartridge (AI number 884).
    For comparison, .25 Stevens Case drawing:

(AI number 804).

Best Regards,
    Chev. William

Added 20180420: Yesterday I received my Two NOE molds purchased through this Group buy. I am Very Pleased with both of Them and with Noe designing the 'cherry' used to Allow cutting TWO different weight Bullet Molds with the tool.

Mine are one each four cavity TL255-50-RF Aluminum mold and one each four cavity TL255-65-RF Aluminum mold, exactly what I asked for.

Chev. William
    Last edited by Chev. William; 04-20-2018 at 10:42 PM.