Titan ReloadingWidenersRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Load DataInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Snyders Jerky Reloading Everything

Thread: Torture test

Boolit Master

Torture test

I did a video this weekend, I was shooting the Hot Rod Hawken. The test was how many times could I shoot the Hawken before the accuracy fell off, or it hang fired and I missed.

https://youtu.be/su-1Ql-Nhtk

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    Neat. Thanks! How do you prevent paper from sticking to the boolit when you do want to do the super long shots?
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Boolit Master
    You know that is something that I haven't tried to figure out yet. I found out that they were riding the whole way when 54Bore found it. I found it once before he did but thought it was a fluke.
    Now it seems that it happens more than just a few times. I have shot this rifle a lot out to 300 and have always hit what I was shooting at. If I want to shoot past that I might have to tackle that.

Boolit Master
    Nice run Ron. Kinda what I found when shooting my Lyman. I do find a slight difference between the first bullet of the day and all the rest.

I find paper confetti in front of the firing line, but, have not been able to find all of it (wind blows some away), kinda like PRB patches. The only bullets I have recovered were from a dirt berm and not sign of paper was there either. So, not sure if the paper stays stuck to my bullets or not.

Could do like mentioned by others and slit the PP just before you push the bullet down the bore.

PS sometimes I'd like to use a scope to make sure any group differences are the rifle/load and not me.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Great video - interesting and informative! Thanks for sharing!

Boolit Master
    Thank you again Ron. I love your videos. You are a perfectionist. For sure! But what makes you a special fellow, is you take the
    time to make videos on your process. I thank you my friend. If I knew more about making videos on home made black powder
    I would? We are all brothers into our hobby. I just lack the skills in making videos on my expertise on home made powder.

Thank you me friend Fly

Boolit Master

Fly I would love to see you make some videos on making black powder. I'm planning to try my first batch this winter. I've been meaning to hit you up for a puck maker.
    Ill keep my guns money and freedom you keep the CHANGE!!!

Boolit Man
    GREAT video, thanks for taking the time to set it up and make it. Very much appreciated.

Boolit Master
    I would love to make a video of you making powder!!!!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie b View Post
    Nice run Ron. Kinda what I found when shooting my Lyman. I do find a slight difference between the first bullet of the day and all the rest.

I find paper confetti in front of the firing line, but, have not been able to find all of it (wind blows some away), kinda like PRB patches. The only bullets I have recovered were from a dirt berm and not sign of paper was there either. So, not sure if the paper stays stuck to my bullets or not.

Could do like mentioned by others and slit the PP just before you push the bullet down the bore.

PS sometimes I'd like to use a scope to make sure any group differences are the rifle/load and not me.

I have actually tested the splitting the paper and my groups opened up a bunch when I did it. Not sure why yet.

Boolit Master
    Interesting.

Wish we could see what happens in flight

Well, it looks like you were getting a little summer practice in the wind again. The real Torture Test was on Sugar Cube Creek. Is that an ole Mitchell 300 in your catfishing arsenal? It looks like it still handles the 10 lbers. You must not have to much space left in the freezer with the elk, mule deer, goats, and caviar. I would of had fish fry or do get to catch some of the 14 to 18 inchers for the table? Cajun fried catfish, fries or tots, green onion, hush puppies, and a couple of cold beers sounds pretty good.
    May you hands be warmed on a frosty day.

Boolit Master

Video

Thanks Ron. great video! I am going to build a hotrod hawken .54.

Boolit Master
    Thanks for the video, as always great job!