Titan ReloadingGraf & SonsInline FabricationRotoMetals2
StainLess Steel MediaLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyADvertise here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: A lot more than a sharp stick.

  1. #21
    Boolit Master

    Hickory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The Great Black Swamp of Northwest Ohio
    Posts
    3,545
    Quote Originally Posted by Artful View Post
    Mini Revolver 22 short?
    Where I used to work, a guy came into work one morning with gauze up his nose and a Band-Aid across his nose.
    I asked him about it and he said some punk tried to rob him and shot him in the face with a 22 short mini revolver.
    He said that he beat the punk nearly to death and pocketed the gun when he left.
    He said when he got to the hospital, he blew his nose and the bullet came out, so, he figured the wound wasn't too bad, so he went home and stopped the bleeding and went to bed.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

    I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

  2. #22
    Boolit Master Artful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Valley of the SUNs, AZ
    Posts
    9,278
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickory View Post
    Where I used to work, a guy came into work one morning with gauze up his nose and a Band-Aid across his nose.
    I asked him about it and he said some punk tried to rob him and shot him in the face with a 22 short mini revolver.
    He said that he beat the punk nearly to death and pocketed the gun when he left.
    He said when he got to the hospital, he blew his nose and the bullet came out, so, he figured the wound wasn't too bad, so he went home and stopped the bleeding and went to bed.
    Interesting - had a friend show up at my place with one - same time the neighbors chickens showed up at my place - I was going to excuse myself and go in the house and get a 22 pistol and Alan said he had one and whipped it out and shot a chicken - it squawked and jumped but didn't fall over or run home but you could see dirt kick up the other side of the chicken on the next shot so I assumed it shot clean thru but I may be mistaken in that choice.
    je suis charlie

    It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

    Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

  3. #23
    Boolit Master

    km101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Texas; The State Most Likely to Secede!
    Posts
    1,349
    I pocket carry either a S&W model 60. .38spl 5 shot, or a Kel-Tec PF9. 9 mm 7 shot.

    When I belt carry (concealed) it is usually a S&W model 69. 2.75" barrel with .44 spl loads.
    Texas has concealed or open carry so I don't worry about it printing. And with a "pancake" holster and a good belt it rarely prints.
    Yes I can spell, I just can't type!

    "with liberty and justice for all"...must be 18 or older, not available in all states, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply. D. Stanhope


    "The remedy for evil men is not the abrogation of the rights of law abiding citizens. The remedy for evil men is the gallows." Thomas Jefferson

    "To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them." George Mason Co-author of the Second Ammemdment

  4. #24
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Augusta GA
    Posts
    369
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickory View Post
    Where I used to work, a guy came into work one morning with gauze up his nose and a Band-Aid across his nose.
    I asked him about it and he said some punk tried to rob him and shot him in the face with a 22 short mini revolver.
    He said that he beat the punk nearly to death and pocketed the gun when he left.
    He said when he got to the hospital, he blew his nose and the bullet came out, so, he figured the wound wasn't too bad, so he went home and stopped the bleeding and went to bed.
    I'm calling shenanigans on that one.

    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

  5. #25
    Boolit Master

    Hickory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The Great Black Swamp of Northwest Ohio
    Posts
    3,545
    Quote Originally Posted by aarolar View Post
    I'm calling shenanigans on that one.
    Don't shoot the messenger.
    I'm only telling you what he told me. And he showed me the bullet.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

    I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

  6. #26
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Augusta GA
    Posts
    369
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickory View Post
    Don't shoot the messenger.
    I'm only telling you what he told me. And he showed me the bullet.
    Ain't shooting nobody just an observation.

    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

  7. #27
    Boolit Master



    jmort's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Color Me Gone
    Posts
    7,251
    Sounds completely believeable to me
    A .22 short out of a NAA mini would have little energy
    "Had his shooting been as good as his running, he might have given a better account of himself."
    James. C. Henderson

  8. #28
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Augusta GA
    Posts
    369
    Quote Originally Posted by jmort View Post
    Sounds completely believeable to me
    A .22 short out of a NAA mini would have little energy
    I completely believe he could get shot with a 22 short and be fine it's the part about blowing it out his nose that sounds fishy to me. I had a Astra Cub in high school and the 22 shorts would only go through one side of a cardboard Tide box at 10 steps. My gun dealers friend was shot twice in the arm and once in the face with a 380 during a mugging attempt and was still able to draw his 45 and make an attempt but couldn't aim for all the blood in his eyes but still scared the mugger off.

    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

  9. #29
    Boolit Master

    Moonie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Thomasville North Carolina
    Posts
    4,402
    Quote Originally Posted by Artful View Post
    Interesting - had a friend show up at my place with one - same time the neighbors chickens showed up at my place - I was going to excuse myself and go in the house and get a 22 pistol and Alan said he had one and whipped it out and shot a chicken - it squawked and jumped but didn't fall over or run home but you could see dirt kick up the other side of the chicken on the next shot so I assumed it shot clean thru but I may be mistaken in that choice.
    So your friend shot a neighbors livestock???

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Abbreviations used in Reloading

BP Bronze Point IMR Improved Military Rifle PTD Pointed
BR Bench Rest M Magnum RN Round Nose
BT Boat Tail PL Power-Lokt SP Soft Point
C Compressed Charge PR Primer SPCL Soft Point "Core-Lokt"
HP Hollow Point PSPCL Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt" C.O.L. Cartridge Overall Length
PSP Pointed Soft Point Spz Spitzer Point SBT Spitzer Boat Tail
LRN Lead Round Nose LWC Lead Wad Cutter LSWC Lead Semi Wad Cutter
GC Gas Check