Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2WidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionLoad DataRepackboxReloading Everything
Titan Reloading Inline Fabrication

Thread: 9.3X62 to 9.3X64 brenneke

9.3X62 to 9.3X64 brenneke

in a CZ550fs in 9.3X62, is there enough "meat" around the chamber to re-chamber it to the more powerful 9.3X64 brenneke? this is mainly a question of curiosity, not likely the beginning of a project, but I am very interested to know. thank you very much!-Travis P.S. looking for knowledge from a gunsmith or someone who has actual experience in this subject, Thanks!!!
    An armed man in a citizen.
    An unarmed man is a subject.
    A disarmed man is a slave.

Boolit Grand Master

I can't answer your question - but, why? Unless you are planning a trip to Africa for dangerous game the x62 will kill anything on this continent. I figure I'm overgunned on the east coast with my 9.3x57.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

question of curiosity, not planning on it, as stated,does nobody else ever wonder what if, or would that work, just for the knowledge of whether it will or won't or, yeah, I did that. nevermind, I guess curiosity is for the young, and I do, one day, hope to go to Africa.

Moderator Emeritus

Maybe the question could be re-worded and it may answer itself.

Does CZ make a CZ550fs in a caliber that is larger than 9.3X64 brenneke?
    Assuming they use the same outer dia size barrel.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

this post was unbecoming of myself and the website.apologies
    Last edited by Oklahoma Rebel; 09-02-2017 at 02:44 PM.

Banned
    The difference between a 9.3x62 and 64 is like a 308 vs 30-06. YAWN !

Will the action be long enough ? Feed well ? Brass is hard to find. I've seen pre war Rigby rifles built on GEW 98 actions in 416 Rigby. Possible yes but also silly. If you dig obscure, get a 370 SAKO (9.3x66) .... you'll never see another nor any ammo for it !

I do like different, that was why I was asking, but if you cruise the internet, seems everyone says that the brenneke is easily the 375h&h's equal.... maybe they are wrong, I will have to do some more research.

Cast Boolits Owner

Easy there Travis. I don't think he has anything against you nor do I think he is after you. He did issue a "0" point infraction when you broke the rules but that is no reason for your to respond in the manner you have. If you wish to discuss this further please PM me.

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by Oklahoma Rebel View Post
    I was about to say "don't tell me to get a 375, but then I stopped myself, why? if you want to you could just delete this post, you are the moderator, and have "written me up" for using $#% symbols instead of a word, which I see here every day, not trying to get smart with you, it just seems you don't like me. your post was sarcastic, because you would know that I know they make larger calibers, and don't say you didn't think I did, because that would insult my intelligence.just say what you mean like " I don't like questions that are just for the novelty of knowing, at least then I would have some more respect for you. so delete it, but I have done nothing for you to penalize me for, except to stand up to you
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

alright, I just read it as sarcastic, and have seen him answer other posts ( not mine) in the same way. I guess I need to learn to just leave things be. I apologize mainly to everyone that reads this post, I hope I didn't make the website look bad.

Banned
    FYI the 9.3x62 was the "rifle behind the door" in all the German colonies in Africa. No one ever heard of the 9.3x64. The Germans and modern hunters have killed EVERY animal in Africa with it. Suggest you do some more research before asking what has already been asked and answered 1000 times. The 375 H&H is more powerful but will not fit in a "standard 06' action. The 375 Ruger will. The 9.3x64 is a cartridge in search of a need ..... there is none !

I know that a mag action is needed for the 375 h&h and also know that the ruger will fit, it has been done on another sight. and I know thousands of elephants have been killed with the X62, it was just a question of curiosity, i don't know much about the brenneke except that it has a fatter case and more case capacity. and research? look up the brenneke and see what you find, and im talking pertaining to cast. i do not know why you are so annoyed at the question ( Eldon)

Boolit Master
    I have two 9.3X64's.It's a nice cartridge.I don't know the barrel diameter on your rifle but a rechamber should be possible.One of mine is on a P14 action,the other on an 03 action.I built them around 25 years ago.

ken, thank you, I do not know why people get so annoyed about something that will never effect them. asking me why I would be interested in the brenneke is like asking cowboy shooters why they would ever bother with shooting a 45-100 or 45-110, BECAUSE this is America and we can!!!
    have you taken any game with it so far? and also what boolits do you use?

Boolit Master
    I no longer hunt.I'm not getting any younger.I use Speer 270 grain jacketed bullets.I was just looking at bullet molds though.I built the rifles because I could.Along with a number of rifles in uncommon calibers.

you should check out accurate molds. they have a bunch of designs

Boolit Master
    Probably will get one from Accurate or Mountain Molds.