RepackboxSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionLoad DataTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Wideners Reloading Everything

Thread: Shawn Snow - Thoughts and prayers appreciated

In Remebrance

Shawn Snow - Thoughts and prayers appreciated

For those so inclined, a kind thought or prayer for the surviving family of Tpr. Shawn Snow, NYSP CVEU, would be appreciated. We lost Shawn yesterday afternoon when he was helping a guy with a disabled antique fire truck. The driver hit some high voltage lines with the ladder in an attempt to take weight off the side of the truck Shawn was jacking. Both were electrocuted. Responding Homeland Security personel (this was at a US Port of Entry) fortunately saw the ladder on the line and so we didn't end up with a larger number of dead. There was nothing to be done till the power company could shut down the line. Obviously this has hit the guys at the Port and the rest of us pretty hard.

Shawn left behind his parents, his wife, 2 sons, 2 step children and a couple grandkids. He had 19 years on and was less than a year from retirement. He was the most laid back, nicest guy you'd ever hope to meet. Why it was his time I can't say, but it just doesn't seem right.

Boolit Master

Bret,

Hope you take the time to attend for the rest of us.

Moderator Emeritus

Tough duty. I hope all go well with the survivors. Electricity is not forgiving at all. Prayers sent out. Gianni
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Master
    Condolences to the immediately family and your brotherhood, Brett. I lost any uncle to lightening years ago, struck dead, and my cousin was burned but survived. I lost my Comm Chief in a third world country during a deployment, by accidental electrocution. No matter how they go, it ain't ever easy.

Moderator / Master Tool & Die Maker

Thoughts and prayers to the family. Tpr. Snow was just helping out. The firetruck belongs to the Canadian Fallen Firefighters Foundation and was in Sryacuse attending a parade: http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/0...lectrocution_1

RRR
    "I Make the part.............................that makes the parts"

Looking for Bullet Mould Handles, Heavy Duty Replacement Sprue Plates, Adjustable Paper Patch Bullet Moulds? Check here:http://www.kal.castpics.net/

My Feedback!

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...Red-River-Rick

Cast Boolits Founder/B.O.B.

It seems near impossible to come up with an appropriate choice of words in these circumstances.
    Regular joe helping out because someone needed help, I wouldn't think he was helping because he was a trooper, but because it was the right thing to do.

He was simply doing the right thing in the wrong place at that moment, he will be remembered for doing the right thing. RIP
    Boolits= as God laid it into the soil,,grand old Galena,the Silver Stream graciously hand poured into molds for our consumption.

Bullets= Machine made utilizing Full Length Gas Checks as to provide projectiles for the masses.

http://www.cafepress.com/castboolits

castboolits@gmail.com

Boolit Master
    Never seems to be the right thing to say in cases like this.

Peace of the Lord to his family.
    Reading can provide limited education because only shooting provides YOUR answers as you tie everything together for THAT gun. The better the gun, the less you have to know / do & the more flexibility you have to achieve success.

Cast Hunter

My wife & I were just reading the story online. Such a tragedy. Prayers enroute.
    Boone and Crockett Club member
    <<----------------<<<<<<
    Pope & Young Club member

In Remebrance

Thanks to all of you. Dan and I will cetainly be there. Shawn was one of our little group of 4 DOT Troopers in the Canton/Ogdensburg area. This is just plain hard to deal with.

http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/a...ecalled+fondly

Boolit Grand Master
    Bret,
    This has been on my mind and in my prayers. I'm retired LEO and was on the north end of Lake Ontario when the news came over. No words help at a time like this. But we do have a large band of brothers that share the grief.

please tell him that our thoughts are with his family and our prayers.

Bret, You have them from here in Ga

Prayers for his family and for all of you that are close to him.

When you do the right thing it is rewarded, maybe not in this life but in the next.

RedFoxy and TwoTrees
    TwoTrees

"Hold my beer and watch this!!"

Boolit Buddy
    To go out doing good for the sake of doing good. Little did he know he would be laying down his life. Take comfort in the verse that speaks greater love hath no man. God knows.

Boolit Master

Prayers offered...
    Michael

In Remebrance

Shawn was buried today. There were cops from as far away as California and Texas there. Our Superintendent and the Sr. Staff attended along with hundreds of other police/corrections/Homeland Security/Fire personnel. Quite moving, very nice overall. I did note our Gov. failed to attend unlike Gov Pataki who ALWAYS attended any event the Troops were associated with. I didn't agree with his spending, but he is a nice guy.

I think losing Shawn is going to be the pivot point on a few things. I hope I can make a difference and affect the outcome in a couple areas I'm working on. Whats the worst that can happen if I piss them off? I'm ready to retire anyway!

Thanks again for all the kind thoughts and prayers.

I also spoke to BRshooters good friend. His family sends their thanks for the flowers and card and the many kind condolences offered.

Boolit Grand Master
    Sad and it speaks volumes that the Governor couldn't see his way to attend such an important service for one of the States own. Seems only some of us understand loyality, respect, & honor.

There is a special place in heaven for those who pass while helping others. Our family prayers go out to the family.

Take Care

Bob
    Its been months since I bought the book, "How to scam people online". It still has not arrived yet!

"If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Boolit Grand Master
    Requiescat in pacem, frater.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Banned

What a tragic loss. Words just cannot express it Brett. Be careful out there.