Lee PrecisionWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
RepackboxLoad DataRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Reloading Everything

Thread: WTS Contender frame, barrels

Boolit Master

WTS Contender frame, barrels

PLEASE READ: There will be a 24 hour "grace period" from the time of this ad being initially posted for somebody who wants the frame to also have first crack at the barrels of his choice. Feel free to post an "I will take it", but if somebody wants the frame within the first 24 and also buys that barrel, it goes to him. Other than that, I am happy to go first come first serve at asking price for anybody who gets in line. This makes shipping a lot easier for me because I have to go to the next city over to ship a firearm, and would like to get as much done at once as possible. Thanks for reading.

I purchased this recently but it was replaced before I ever took receipt of it by a fortuitous purchase. I have not shot any of these barrels. All of them come as you see them. No, I don't have any 357 max brass for sale.

I have three contender barrels. All three are made by TC. All three will come with a pachmayer handguard adapter but it is removed with two screws and can then be installed on any other handguard like usual. All three barrels have front sights. I do not have rear sights for these barrels. The 22LR and 7TCU have scope bases; the 357 Max has a one piece mount. All mounts/bases are in good shape. The barrels will not include a fore-end.

All three show normal wear, the TCU has scratches in the finish where it slides up and down the frame (not really visible when installed). The 357Max has the least wear. There is a very small patch of freckling on the 22LR barrel as pictured. The 357MAX barrel is installed in the pictures, it looks great, but any and all of them are up for sale, and the frame can go with them or separately. All barrels have one "top hat" slot. The pachmayr adapters can accomodate barrels with two or one "top hat".

10" 7MM TCU
    10" 22LR
    10" 357 Maximum

Each barrel is $200 + $10 shipping.

The frame + grip + handguard is $320 shipped. Given the cost of the fore-end and grip which are included I feel that is a very fair price. The gun has a really excellent trigger, even compared to my other contenders. The serial for this gun places it as being made in 1991, that also makes this an easier to open model.

Buy the frame and any one given barrel and I will do $500 shipped.

22LR

7TCU

Frame + 357 max

Which part or all has to go thru An ffl?
    "Make things as simple as possible, but no simpler" Albert Einstien

Boolit Master
    Only the frame has to go through an FFL as it is the serialized part. The barrels can go to your front door.

Boolit Master

I'll take the 357 max barrel if after your 24 hour period no one has bought it with the frame.

Boolit Bub
    Ill take the set with the frame and the 7 TCU barrel! pm sent

Boolit Master
    Only the .22LR barrel is left at this time.

Boolit Master

Forgive the gloating;but I'm so excited about my new barrel, and I'd like to thank the seller for a fair price and good communication and wanted to say ha ha ha I got the MAX barrel!!!!!
    Yes I've missed out on a few and been cheated out of another!!!! This is an early birthday present for me!!!!

In Remembrance

If the frame falls through, I would like second DIBS on it. I don't need any of the barrels.
    What you have is a nice GEN 1 frame. It's exactly what a buddy of mine needs to go with a Gen 1 barrel he has.

NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor

Author of a book on reloading
    ILSA MEMBER http://www.internationallawnsteelsho...ssociation.com
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Boolit Master

Did I mention I officially paid for the barrel? It soon will be in my hands!!!! (Insert evil laugh)

Boolit Master
    .22LR barrel is left. $185 shipped? I don't shoot .22 much since the whole panic a few years ago so it's doing me little good.

Everybody else's stuff shipped out today.

Boolit Master
    $175 shipped on the 22. Last price drop.

Boolit Master
    Up again. 22LR contender barrel is all that remains.

Boolit Master
    Bump.

Boolit Master
    Going to try the contender barrel elsewhere.