Reloading EverythingWidenersLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Repackbox
Titan Reloading Snyders Jerky

Thread: WTS Badger Custom N frame stocks, Lee 6 cav molds, Lyman Mold, Weigand base

Boolit Master

WTS Badger Custom N frame stocks, Lee 6 cav molds, Lyman Mold, Weigand base

A few odds and ends which I have replaced with other odds and ends that in turn await their day of reckoning much like this one:

all prices are shipped

First, a new double cavity Lyman 311359. I have not used this, the stuff on the blocks is the grease it comes packed in. Nice looking mold, not sure why I bought it. $76 new at Midway, Call it $55 SOLD

Second, a new (unused) Lee 230 grain 6 cavity .45 mold, round nose. I took it out of the box, pulled the sticker off the top, and then bought a bunch of Mihec molds when he put them all on sale so I have no need for this. New price at Midway is $42, so $34. Nice looking mold. SOLD

Third, a Lee 356-125 2R. Used but in good shape, the cavities look great. Normal mold wear otherwise. I don't use release agent or anything like that. Normal discoloration on the sprue plate. Bullet shoots great in 9mm and lends itself well to coating, having only one very small and thin lube groove very low on the base of the boolit. I've shot a lot of these! I can't recall exactly what they drop at, but it's fat enough that I used them in 38s without issue too. $42 new at Midway, so $30. SOLD

Fourth, a set of Badger Custom Rosewood laminate stocks for a round butt n frame. These are round to square conversions, so they are big and hand filling! They are a nice eye catching red color and feel good in the hand! However I bought several pair of Nills grips and they are definitely going to have to take their place. The fit is excellent and you can barely even see the join line when installed. The revolver is not included. There is not a scratch on these that I can find. They look truly stunning on a stainless, matte, or nickel gun. I paid $85 before shipping for these, so $65. SOLD

Last, a very sturdy mount for S&W revolvers. This is a jack weigand mount, which is intended for the X frame 460s and 500s. With these you can install the ludicrous amount of scope rings needed to supposedly keep a scope stable on one of these. I used it on one of my 500s with a burris fastfire with good results, but I really wanted to return to iron sights on that gun. According to Weigand, this mount will work on K, L, N, and X frames that are drilled and tapped for a scope. If you have three holes under your rear sight leaf, then you can install these. You won't find anything sturdier. These are $69.95 new. I want $40.

feel free to try me on trades, but I don't really have anything in mind so don't get offended if I turn it down. I currently have my eye set on some Dan Wesson revolvers, so I'm looking more at cash to offset that than anything else.
    Last edited by Echd; 08-15-2017 at 03:29 PM.

Boolit Bub
    I will take the N frame grips.

P.M coming

Boolit Master
    Daily bump. Grips are sold.

Boolit Master
    I'll take the "Third, a Lee 356-125 2R". I have it's cousin and it's not a bad idea to have a backup.. with 2 of these I could really crank out the bullets..

Boolit Master

I'll take number one and two. PM to follow.
    Pax Nobiscum Dan (Crash) Corrigan

Currently casting, reloading and shooting: 223 Rem, 6.5x55 Sweede, 30 Carbine, 30-06 Springfield, 30-30 WCF, 303 Brit., 7.62x39, 7.92x57 Mauser, .32 Long, 32 H&R Mag, 327 Fed Mag, 380 ACP. 9x19, 38 Spcl, 357 Mag, 38-55 Win, 41 Mag, 44 Spcl., 44 Mag, 45 Colt, 45 ACP, 454 Casull, 457 RB for ROA and 50-90 Sharps. Shooting .22 LR & 12 Gauge seldom and buying ammo for same.

Boolit Master

I cast over 1,000 boolits last night with the Lee six banger 45 x 230 Truncated cone mold. By the third cast I was getting very acceptable boolits and by the 10th cast they were perfect. This is a mold I bought from FS REloading as new last week. I ran the alloy at 720 degrees (says the RCBS Thermometer) and they were perfect. Gonna run another 1,000 today and then get cracking on PC-ing them in Smoke's Bacon Grease Powder Coat Paint. Liberal use of Bullshop's sprue plate lube on the pivot point, alighnment studs and all surfaces of the sprue plate about every time you fill the pot with new lead made this a very enjoyable and productive casting session. I expect similiar results with the RN mold.
    Pax Nobiscum Dan (Crash) Corrigan

Currently casting, reloading and shooting: 223 Rem, 6.5x55 Sweede, 30 Carbine, 30-06 Springfield, 30-30 WCF, 303 Brit., 7.62x39, 7.92x57 Mauser, .32 Long, 32 H&R Mag, 327 Fed Mag, 380 ACP. 9x19, 38 Spcl, 357 Mag, 38-55 Win, 41 Mag, 44 Spcl., 44 Mag, 45 Colt, 45 ACP, 454 Casull, 457 RB for ROA and 50-90 Sharps. Shooting .22 LR & 12 Gauge seldom and buying ammo for same.

Boolit Master
    Any interest in a way overbuilt scope base for an N or x frame? That's all that is left.

Boolit Master
    Going to try the mount elsewhere. Everything else is sold and received by the new owners.