Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
RepackboxInline FabricationReloading EverythingLoad Data
Wideners

Thread: Rerun and mods of the mihec 477-640 cramer hp mold

Rerun and mods of the mihec 477-640 cramer hp mold

Recently started reloading for the Ruger super BlackHawk in 480 Ruger. I have the RCBS 400 grain solid mould, but only because i was not able to locate a MP mould for the 480 ruger. The ones on here prior and the re-run are double cavity, and also have 2 crimp grooves. Would any other Blackhawk shooters here be interested in organizing a group buy and Requesting MP moulds to build up a version of the 4770640 in a brass single cavity mould with only the groove setup for the ruger 480 and not the 475? I would buy 2 of them, one in gas check and one with a plain base, also all the pin options for HP or solids.

I'd settle for a double cavity if thats what was the thing that others desired to get a group thing going, but i prefer singles for the simplicity, less weight, as well as the uniformity. This 477-640 cramer HP looks like a fine bullet design and i am surprised its not a standard and in stock mould somewhere.

Edit 08-29-2017

I did a deeper review of the forum and found this discussion, Maybe I get lucky and score a 480 mould already made, but i am still interested in a single cavity single crimp groove version for the 480.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...ihec-mold-HELP!!!
    Last edited by NightStalker; 08-29-2017 at 08:42 AM. Reason: added link to another post

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    I have 3 of the double cavity, double groovers, and I would like a double cav, HP, GC, with one groove for .480.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.