Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLee Precision
RotoMetals2RepackboxSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Load Data Titan Reloading

Thread: Cars,Vans,Trucks,Motorcycles and FIREARMS from Texas

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O

Cars,Vans,Trucks,Motorcycles and FIREARMS from Texas

So what happens to all the Cars,Vans,Trucks,Motorcycles and FIREARMS from Texas
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Buddy
    Same thing they did for Rita and Katrina. Vehicles sold at auction, cleaned up and sent north for resale. Beware. Around here the guns are taken to a shop and cleaned and back in service. I did buy a couple that sat to long for parts.

Shelly
    "EXPERT= Ex is a has been, spurt is a drip under pressure" Unknown

Boolit Master

Several years ago,after Katrina.I was looking at a Jeep in Hopkinsville,Ky.It looked clean..but I looked hard...the wiring connections were full of dirt(dried mud).Underneath the jeep was still full of mud in all the little cubby holes.

In the glove box was a letter,I don't remember who issued it.But it went on to say that it was a victim of the storm and the consumer should be aware.And the letter was to stay with the vehicle for the remainder of it's life.
    Pro Patria-Ne Desit Virtus

Boolit Master
    they should all carry a salvage or rebuilt salvage title warning new owners 300,000 cars are expected from this storm

Boolit Grand Master

Probably what Shelly said! The same thing happened after Katrina and Sandy. Buyer Beware!

Quote Originally Posted by shell70634 View Post
    Same thing they did for Rita and Katrina. Vehicles sold at auction, cleaned up and sent north for resale. Beware. Around here the guns are taken to a shop and cleaned and back in service. I did buy a couple that sat to long for parts.

Shelly
    Glad they send'em up north ?

Boolit Master
    A lot of vehicles will be out there, and buyer beware for quite a while. It is not to hard to wash a title clean. If they are smart, they will do what I saw at a flooded Ford dealership I was doing some work at in Oklahoma years ago. Insurance co. brought in a mobile car crusher. They did not want to even risk flooded parts being used for future car repairs.
    Back in the land of boolits.

Boolit Master

Lotsa cars like that after the 1969 flood here - BUT not as much electronics in those so easy enough to fix most bugaboos, I bought a 1965 Dodge knowing it'd been wet - drove it for years . With all the computers & sensors on cars now, I'd only take a chance if I thought I could salvage some body parts or didn't mind going through the running gear for parts.

IIRC Texas has a law that requires vehicles to have a totaled title (through insurance co.). Actually most of the drive train is reusable as well as body parts. Bikes don't have much of a problem, just wiring and the seat. Guns may go to shops when owner doesn't have a place to store them. Time to watch for stolen ones.
    They did not want to even risk flooded parts being used for future car repairs No, they write off the loss so vehicles MUST be destroyed.
    Whatever!

Maybe Carfax is your friend?

Boolit Master
    I once bought a Ford Pickup at a good price that only had 60,000 miles on it. Later found dried mud in the cab, some of the wiring, all in the frame, etc. Darn thing only lasted another 500,000 miles (you read right-- half a million miles)
    Hick: Iron sights!

A lot of those "Good Deals" really flood into Montana !!! and are sold as cars and trucks from some other World LoL .....they Sure Turn them!!!

Ol Deuce
    Do the Best with What you have !

Moderator Emeritus

Bunch came into MN from Katrina and I seem to remember one of the big Twin Cities auto dealers being busted for selling them with falsified titles.

In Remembrance
    I pulled a chevy pickup out of Ute lake that sat in 30 feet of water one January.
    The poor guy had to hire 2 divers at an exorbitant fee (state police off duty divers). It turned out he was mainly concerned with getting his tools out of it. We stopped to eat on the way in with it and I wound up dealing him out of it. By the time I got it back to the shop, the gas tanks had froze and busted, there was not one drop of oil in any component on it.
    I immediately drained the motor, tranny, rearends and pulled the wheel bearings, filled everything to overflowing with diesel and let it sit a couple of days.

I wound up having to change the seat and the circuit board in the dash, drove that sucker for several years.
    The difference was the lake water was clean, not muddy or silty.

Easy to clean title. Ive a Katrina refugee I bought a few years later. Second owner during Katrina. Was totaled. Kid bought it, had some work done to it, Fooled around with it for about a year and sold it to me. He was still in Louisiana. I bought and titled in Mississippi. Went from totalled/reconstructed to clean title. Moved to Arkansas and new title here shows clean. I'll drive wheels off it, so it doesn't matter, will be scrap. Use on line check with Carfax or similar for any car you might buy.