Load DataReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication Wideners

Thread: I got a good deal on a few knives.

I got a good deal on a few knives.

The local facebook trader page has lead me to buy a "lot" of knives. I got about 20 knives for 30 bucks. Most of them are cheap chinese, pakastan or those older cheaper american knives that preceded them. All these will be sold as junk, I hope. I gave a couple of the decent ones away.

However, I got a few goodens,

A gerber 600 with broke pliers, which will go back to gerber. Good shape other than that. Got the blunt pliers which im excited about. A gerber paraframe that needs blade spacers that someone painted. I'll strip the paint and send it back too as they wont send me the spacers.

A leatherman original that was partially painted and has the very tip of the knife broke. I stripped the paint already. No problem retipping the blade. Its nice and tight in the pliers though and is in good shape everywhere else. I've carried one of these ever day for years, and I've been wanting another one for backup as mine is getting worn bad in the pliers. I may sell it, and buy a slightly different model to be backup so I dont have a duplicate. For some reason duplicates bother me.

A kershaw scallion that was dirty, nicked blade, needs a safety and a clip. So, kershaw is going to send me the parts I need free, according to the message I received when I sent an email about the parts. I disassembled it and cleaned it and tuned it some. Finally got the nicks out of the blade and got it sharp as a razor. Its black and says kershaw on the handle. Wife dont know bout it, be a sweet stocking stuffer, If I can resist that long to give it to her.

And my favorite of the finds, a buck 426 bucklite with 2/3s blade. Green plastic handle and the size and shape of a buck 110. Buck website says for 10 bucks they'll reblade it for me. Ima send it back and see. Its seen a lot of use and im excited to get it going again. Dates to 1988.

The feller that sold'm all to me I bet thought he got me. I knew I could either fix, or have fixed the good ones at little or no cost however. I love a knife project so I figured i'd share with yall that little piece of happiness.

~Bazoo

Love that Kershaw Scallion, we have a couple of those around here.

I personally dont like it, but the wife will love it. Its just her size. I gave the leatherman and some of the cheapos to my father in law.

Went ahead and gave the scallion to the wife, she does like it.

Sent the buck off to be rebladed. Looking forward to its return. Got to find a sheath that suits it.

Gerber tool is boxed for shipment. The gerber knife is still in limbo. Going to strip the paint off before I send it back for parts.

The scallion parts came in and I installed them. Wife likes it, but still prefers a CRKT knife I got her a few years back.

Well I received the buck back, and its my new favorite knife. Very nice balance and feel. They didnt even charge me the 10.00 to reblade.

I sent the gerber tool and knife back and gerber sent me brand new replacements. The new knife dings the blade when closed as it touches one of the studs. Im pretty stoked about the buck.

I like the size of my scallion. It is a very handy small knife. The only thing I am not crazy about it is the curved blade. For me any how that curve in the blade makes it hard to sharpen. But, it seems to hold a edge for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont like a small knife other than an ordinary pocket knife. My hands are large and anything other than a thumb nail opening is hard for me with a small knife. The wife has small hands though and loves it.

Here is a pic of the old buck with a new blade.

Last edited by Bazoo; 12-31-2017 at 12:22 AM.

Boolit Bub
    Awesome. I’ve lucked into a few deals like this before. Toss the junk, fix the rest. Fun to reshape and touch up the blades. It’s also surprising what a little wd40 will fix

Well, the other day I went to the local church thrift store, and in with the kitchen knives, I got a Rapala/Martinni Fillet knife for 10 cents. Needed a new tip, and has been run through the dishwasher I think as it has no finish on the handle. However... very serviceable, and a fun project. Got it tipped and about half sharp as of tonight.

Boolit Bub
    ...one of the hardest things I’ve ever tried to sharpen!

I dont like the old bucks. Others do... I dont see how they sharpen them. I cant even get one sharp with a diamond stone.