RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLee Precision
PBcastcoTitan ReloadingLoad DataInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2 Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CZ 527 questions

I'm probably the only one here unhappy with mine. It was the 223 American, thought it was a real cute gun, put a fixed 4x leupold on top, real nice handy package. The damn thing would not shoot(reloads or factory, yes I tried different grain weights also), and the bolt was rough and would rack while fully open and bind so I couldn't close it quickly at all. Drove me nuz, had to trade it of quick. That said, I'm willing to give the 527 another try if I find the right deal, as there are a lot of things I like about the package.

I'm not sure that any manufacturer anymore is particularly inclined to do that last 5% finish work to make a rifle perfect. Poor surface finishes, burrs, less-than-stellar fitment and cheap plastic parts today are the norm for low-cost consumer-grade firearms. If you're unwilling to perform the due-diligence on a new firearm yourself then you should be looking at the rifles that are 10 times the cost of the cut-rate mass-produced guns.

Cheshire Oregon-Near Eugene about 60 miles from Pacific coast
    I have one in .222 rem. Always wanted a triple deuce and CZ made one. Shoots great and after adjusting trigger it's great as is or set. Honest 1/2 inch rifle with 40 grain BT's.

I have one in varmint .223. I have taken it to the dog towns for almost 15 years now, which makes probably more than 15k rounds through it. I also shoot a 40g varmint bullet with good results, though I have the 1-14 if i remember right. I think it may be time to set the barrel back as my groups have started to open up to bigger than 1/2in, may try seating the bullet out here a little more first. Excellent rifle, buy one, you will not regret it.

Boolit Master

Art, I'm curious as to where you were able to find a 527 for the price you stated. I've had my dealer looking for the past year or so for a 527 American in .223, but no luck to date. He has access to all the wholesaler/distributors but they seem to be rare birds. I'd like the new one with the flush magazine also.

Thanks D

I had a 527 in 7.62x39 for a while....it was "ok" but the huge downside for me was the fact the 5 round single stack magazine was also the balance point of the gun. Made it awkward to carry at times, cracked the original stock within 100 rounds and though it kicked quite a bit due to its "carbine" nature....it would make somebody a good brush gun. Mine was fairly accurate but I sent it down the road to fund other ventures...wasn't 100% my cup of tea.
    My firearms project blog

Add a suppressor and it'll move the balance point forward off the mag...

Quote Originally Posted by McFred View Post
    Add a suppressor and it'll move the balance point forward off the mag...
    If the rifle I tried came can ready with a set back front sight I probably would have kept it, the mystic X would have worked well on it I believe for a can and not make it overly long.

Ruger is making the "American" in 7.62x39 now that takes mini 30 magazines.....if I were to go looking for a bolt action 7.62x39 again my hunt would start there, no iron sights though so that may be a issue...but I have a shop and have been known to make irons for otherwise naked guns.
    My firearms project blog

I've had my CZ 527M for some time, had a wonderful custom stock made for it my member LAGS here, and he built the one and only 10 round 527 magazine. My original stock was just fine after thousands of rounds, but he pillared and bedded it too, if I ever want to switch back. Mine is in 7.62x39mm, a load I already reloaded and cast for, and it seems to like the 129 gr NOE boolit, powder coated. The bolt WAS rough when I first got it, runs like silk now. The rear sight fell out, but that was OK, LAGS cobbled me up a Marbles adjustable rear that sits in that notch.
    There is, or used to be an odd accessory for the 527, a Picatinny rail adapter that fit the scope mounts, so you could low mount anything you wanted. I used it with a couple of scopes, and while it worked just fine, it was weird. Now I just use irons and I'm a happy camper. Recoil is soft and pleasant with all loads used.

Boolit Master
    @ Armoredman.
    You forgot to mention the spare 5 round magazine that is in the buttstock.

For another data point, I tested a new lot of BLC2 in a CZ 527 M1 synthetic. Seven shots fired prone at 100yds using 50gr Sierra Blitzking blemished factory seconds in random milsurp brass with loose primer pockets that've been fired more times than I can count I still got the following:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	group.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	27.6 KB 
ID:	205628

Boolit Buddy
    527's are nice rifles with a goofy magazine. They shoot and feed pretty good and the set trigger is cool. To bad they didnt go to the trouble to make an internal magazine for them.

Boolit Master
    If you don't care for the magazine look at this http://rvbprecision.com/shooting/cz-...onversion.html

Boolit Buddy

I use this http://originalbobsled.com/BoltGunSleds.aspx when shooting cast loaded almost to the rifling and very light neck tension.

Ouch, thats a lot of money to put down for a conversion...

Ruger American in 7.62x39 looks even more appealing after that.
    My firearms project blog

Boolit Grand Master

Mine has a set trigger. I did not know you could get them with a two stage. Great gun.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12